• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Any way of Midi Ripping rom SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tacotaco

I wish to know so I may use some of it in my RPG and credit the MIDI/OGG creators in the credits which no-one can skip at the start of the game!

The music for SRB2, like the sprites, is custom, and may not be used in any way in your game. It's easy enough to extract the MIDI and OGG files from music.dta with a wad editor, though.

Mystic is right. Extracting the music is very easy; just open a wad editor like XWE and open the file music.dta in it. I use this myself just so I have copies of the OGG's in my hard drive to listen to.

The music itself, however, cannot be used anywhere else. It's all copyrighted by us and we're not allowing anyone else to use our music in their games/movies/etc. at this time. Well, it's mostly copyrighted by us; the title screen, Robotnik's theme, character select, speed sneakers, invincibility, act finished, and special stage are the exceptions, because they have snippets of a copyrighted Sega tune in them ("Sonic and Knuckles" theme from the Virtual Sonic CD), but we still partially own them, and like the rest of the music, no-one can use those either.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back