• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Boosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosX

So I've been playing around in Lua and got this rare experiment working:

srb20000.gif

NOTE: The nuke flash effect when boost is activated is not seen on the gif (Whyyyyy!)...
I used Inuyasha's boss life bar as a test for the gauge bar. but I'll definetly improve those textures :/
I may aswell post some other Lua goodies here, so stay tuned :3
Didn't had much ideas of a title name, so suggest one if needed :P
So tell me if I should release this ;)

Have a merry christmas and a prosperous new year everyone!

It looks a lot like an invincible version of Greeneyes' HEAT meter.

I actually have 2 styles of meters, one I made as a test from Inuyasha's boos meter and one with Greeneyes style.
I actually had to make the Boost text manually as a separate texture, the invincible effect is because... why not? Generations has sparks while boosting, i'll eventually think of something else for the blur effect, maybe a Speed Shoes effect. For now I'll leave this little addon in pause until I release an update for my VR wad, and this Boost is inside the wad.

Also note that when activating the boost, there's a nuke flash effect, I also added the original Sonic Generations boost sound, which makes it like really boost-ish :P

Also, here are the differences beetween Greeneyes and Sonic Boost.
Greeneyes:
-Vulnerable to enemies
-Literally no speed changes on Sonic
-Flickering "Heat" text over the meter
-You only recover "heat" when you're not on Heat mode

Sonic Boost:
-Completelly invulnerable to all type of damages
-Slightly added more speed and overhauled acceleration to sonic
-Bigger collision box to reach nearby enemies when going fast
-When activating the Boost, you do a nuke that destroys all enemies around you (trying to mimic the wave effect seen when you start boosting on Generations)
-You can recover little of your energy by grabbing rings and ring boxes while boosting

Last edited:
If you're trying to make it a Rush/Unleashed-esque boost, I'd suggest making it force the player to move in the direction they're facing at thok-speed.

If you're trying to make it a Rush/Unleashed-esque boost, I'd suggest making it force the player to move in the direction they're facing at thok-speed.

I may take that in count. Anyways, I may remake the activation of it, something like Unleashed and Generations, tap for instant boost and let go to stop boosting.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back