• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Metal's Perilous Polyobject Portal Playground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal96

I decided to make this thread to dump portal stuff into without hijacking Red's thread (I just removed four of five gifs from it, leaving only the important one).

ANYWAY

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO HEAR THIS MESSAGE FROM OUR SPONSOR, INSANE LOADING TIMES:

"Here at Insane Loading Times®, we're happy that vBulletin doesn't support iframe/object embedding, webm as an image format, or gifycat's efficient clip distribution system. We enjoy knowing that users will get the slowest page loading time they possibly can using a horribly outdated and very limited format while simultaneously draining gfycat's servers.

Serving you, better."

AND NOW TO OUR FEATURED CONTENT

WE HAVE FOR YOU TODAY

AdoredReflectingChafer.gif

DiscreteFlawlessCattle.gif

ChillyGrimyBullfrog.gif

OrnateVioletCowrie.gif

AND NOW WITH MORE SELF-INTERSECTION

GroundedHandmadeHarpseal.gif

HOW DO THE DEVS DO IT, MY FRIENDS. HOW DO THEY DO IT.

MilkyBreakableFiddlercrab.gif
WhimsicalSoreFrenchbulldog.gif

WickedSpectacularKrill.gif
TidySorrowfulDoctorfish.gif

OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU RED PORTALS ARE FANTASTIC

Last edited:
Mind spoilering them or linking to them instead of embedding them here? This thread is seriously killing my browser.

This is so beautiful. I can't wait until it's possible to put all of this portal goodness to use~

Soon, soon. I'm working on a sort of "algorithm" for hack-portal structure that keeps this incredibly unstable usage (remember the explicit instruction that portals are only to be used on one-sided lines?) playing nicely with the renderer. There's already a few explicit setup and texturing rules that if not followed lead to random bug-outs, framerate drops to zero, and/or the game crashing. It's dangerous work. If it all works out one should be able to plaster a portal anywhere with reckless disregard for whether the lines are the same size, double-sided or not, moving...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back