• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Someone's 2D Map Pack. (Development)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

My name is not a troll
It's in editing for a reason - it isnt a release.

The 2D Map-pack is exactly that. The current version has two main zones, a ultra mini theme review of the mandatory techno zone and a 2D special stage. The special stage sucks balls, it's mainly a proof-I-can-do-it.

Also, I think I'd best add this, each level has 1x P1 Start & 1x P2 Start - each with a unique route. This -will- be kept throughout the wad.
--
Current Zones
MAP01 - Radiant Hill (Act 1)
MAP02 - Radiant Hill (Act 2)
MAP03 - Not Present (2D Boss; not currently made)
MAP04 - Theme preview of Techno Zone. (Unfinalized name)
MAP50 - 2D Special Stage, very unfinished.

Screenshots of the new & updated levels soon.

Uh....I can't tell anything by those screens. Except that it's a snow level and it's probably very laggy.

Dynamic 2D movement is what I'm seeing. Being able to move from the foreground to the backround.

Looks decent though.

See top - I added a download link.
The first batch of screenshots I took were in OpenGL... and it didnt like it much.

Could you post a link with just the file? I already have that EXE, and I don't want to download it again, plus, I can't remember how to open .rar files. :S

Chrome said:
Could you post a link with just the file? I already have that EXE, and I don't want to download it again, plus, I can't remember how to open .rar files. :S

Wish granted. See top.

This level was very enjoyable, nice amount of scenery, went from Foreground to Background, and had a few enjoyable gimmiks. As for the name how about Checkered Lake Zone?

You should always be careful when using springs for back-and-forth transfers in 2D mode...I've learned that the hard way. Maybe you should try zoom tubes instead.

I did that but I came to the realisation that they also sucked.
I do make it so that if you leave it to land on it's own - unless you mess it up midflight you'll land alright. Invisible FOF's for the win! :)

Just dont touch the buttons and you'll be fine. You can mess up the Zoom Tubes, you can mess up everything. Another limitation of 2D mode 3:

But then you lose the effect I was going for. I have reasons for all my choices.

Just dont be an idiot :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back