• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

I felt that SRB2's md2 roster was a bit lacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime 2.0

So I tried my hand at making them myself. I started out small, and made a simple spike. However, it is to scale with the sprite, and looks good enough to be presented to the general public. This Download has both the link model and the spikes, just so you know.

http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=e2fa288d19828fe45876ea425f95cd53

Unzip it as is into your SRB2 folder. To use the models, play in openGL, and type the following into the console:

GR_md2 on

Have fun!

EDIT: lol, I almost forgot to post some screens! Well, here it is.
spikescreentd6.png

EDIT: Link swapped to FlatFileHost

Spike looks good, but I can't really notice the difference between the two if your just skimming though. Also, get the Link out of there.

If you don't want link, open md2.dat in notepad and delete the following line:

PLAY PLAY.md2 2.0 0.0

That is what tells the game to use the link model for the player sprites.

I don't mind Link, actually. The spike model looked so great, I had to test it with Super Sonic, that it's hard to touch the spike since Link is lying down. I wanted to see how the glow would reflect, and turns out it doesn't, really. But it's still as good. I'm glad to see a real spiked model instead of one pixelated. Great job, Prime.

Did you add a test level with it this time, Prime? You can't actually see the spikes anywhere in-game because none of the levels use spike objects.

Chaotic darkness, Mystic realm, and most fan-made levels that have spikes use the thing version. That screenshot was taken in Chaotic darkness. Specifically, it was taken in Rainy Ruins Zone, act 2. If you are lazy however and don't want to go to such a level, just use objectplace.

Um, that IS the normal spike.

But yeah, really all I can tell is that it's a cone shaped to proportion of a normal Spike sprite. Try making a ring and rotate the model for each frame of the sprite...?

We need spheremapping in SRB2 so we can make pretty 3D rings. D: Too bad it'll never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back