Epic video game moments of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is something everyone who likes any type of game can enjoy. By epic, I mean moments that stood out to you such as, getting the highest score out of your whole city, or escaping death by pure luck. Any moment that makes you feel like -OMG I'M SO FREAKING AWESOME NO ONE CAN TOUCH THIS- or -YES! I DID IT! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!- or quite simply, -HOLY CRAP-.
Come friends, and let us chronicle these moments of awesome, that the world may see.

I've had one when I was playing ff4 on the PSX. It was the boss right before the place where Cecil became a paladin. the boss had killed everyone and cecil couldn't do any thing but heal (he was very low and I only had regular potions left.) Things looked grim. Until that is when I accidentally cured
the boss, IT DID A BUNCH OF DAMAGE! So I healed the boss then me then the boss and I WON. HOLY CRAP.

I hosted a server today and had 12 people join, it was by 1P. I beat all 11 of them, and the best part was I got better, beat 4 good players and the campers, and they only got 1 point. Yup, I think I did good for myself.

Finishing Classic mode of Super Smash Bros Melee with Kirby withous loosing a single life (Hard difficulty) can´t believe how I survived some of Master Hand´s and Crazy´s attacks, they are harder for some unexplicable reason.

And when in Metal Gear Online (PS3) I got over 25 kills and 9 deaths, and I wasn´t playing against noobs but against people of my level, wich is 10)

Through the Fire and Flames, and Painkiller on Expert drums.

I had an insane 2Fort game once, as well. About 56 points without dying, not including the other two rounds. They really should let points carry over from round to round. I didn't die that whole game, and only got about 1/3 of the points put on my record.

The part where the Thank You version of Reset played in Okami. That was a beautiful part of the game.

Beating Mad Nautlias. (Or however you spell that extremely hard boss name, Believe me, he is extremely hard, Early in the game that is. *cough*chapter4*cough* Before you ask, the game that I am talking about is megaman x command mission.) I was going "Crap crap crap crap..." Because all of my other guys are dead, And I ran out of revive items. My only member alive right now was spider, the boss attacked him, spider countered, BOOM! Boss is freaking DEAD! YAYYYY-*shot* One of the best gaming moments I ever had.

Eh, well here you go...

• *Beating vergil with 10% percent of my life left with the Nevan weapon on DMC 3

*Unlocking the secret mission during the zerg levels in starcraft: brood war ( think you had to beat it under 3 minutes? I forgot, but the limit was around there..)

*Got MVP on a Halo 3 rank match for the first time :P

*Survived 10 minutes while battling (and running from..) a dozen of guards/templars on Assassin's Creed.

*Beating Kingdom Hearts 2 on proud mode with just the kingdom Key & weak armor equiped.

*Beat Mega Man Zero 3 with "A" Rank

------------------------------------------------
As defined by the events that take place in the video game:

Sonic Unleashed Final Boss - The music was a heavy contributor, as the boss itself was actually rather easy. The actual progression of the boss, however, was quite helpful as well as the sheer sense of scale.

Super Metroid Final Boss - The gameplay was actually not nearly as difficult as Ridley. If you've played it, you know why, if not... you should play it.

Okami - There were actually two such occasions here, the first being when one of the bosses appeared to have the same ability to use the canvas that you did, and the second being the final boss which was quite strenuous and a mid-battle event that was somewhere between "heartwarming" and "epic".

Bugs Bunny Double Trouble - The game was very difficult, so I seldom made it to the Arabian level, but when I hopped in my spaceship and chased Marvin, it was close enough to an end-game event for me.

Ristar Final Boss - Theme of Kaiser, you slowly are levitated to his throne room as he commands his servants attack you, then everything goes crazy and he even opens a rift in the fortress to suck you out.

------------------------------------------
As defined by personal accomplishment:

Cave Story - Running Hell, 'nuff said...

Super Metroid Ridley - It didn't help my nerves any that I thought I was going to die on that last hit...

Super Metroid Redesign Norfair Run - I had one health bit to spare from the first area, savestates and guidance from Prime could not detract from it.

Super Metroid Redesign - I still have yet to face the Phantoon, but every time I play it, I end up pulling something off I would have not believed I could have before.

Mystic Realm - When I beat the game legitimately, Prismatic Angel was the real accomplishment (played on three lives per try to boot), but Mystic Realm was the icing on top.

Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic 3K Final Bosses - Now I could probably beat them with my eyes closed (umm, some peeking perhaps), but when I first played them, these seemed impossible. ESPECIALLY Sonic 2.

Brawl - Defeating Tabuu was no easy task. Even with my brother and I both working at it together we only won by chance.

Welcome to the Machine - The last levels in Ecco are really, really difficult. The vent was difficult but need only be played once, beating the machine was a true sense of accomplishment, eclipsed by the disappointment of having to repeat it after the queen killed me.

City of Forever - Ecco II had an even MORE scarring final encounter. While the boss was easy (most of them were except for the stupid globe holder!), you had to follow an invincible vortex larva that can OH-KO you through a Atlantean labyrinth. I spent 90% of the time hiding and trying to avoid them, but only the larva can open certain doors. Actually beating the level still was nothing compared to turning the corner to run into the arms of the larva and have the wild, furious burst of hissing sound as it crushed you in its embrace.

EDIT:

TrueTenguMan said:
*Unlocking the secret mission during the zerg levels in starcraft: brood war ( think you had to beat it under 3 minutes? I forgot, but the limit was around there..)

I wish I could reference a Starcraft accomplishment, but I can't remember which ones I did legitimately. I think I was actually forced to unlock that mission without cheating which makes me wonder how I ever got there.

Getting chased by 60+ cops and getting away in the starter car in Need for Speed: Carbon. - The only reason I got chased by this many cops was that I didn't know how to get rid of them, and the end result was me getting a huge amount of cash for escaping.

Beating Sephiroth in Kingdom hearts 1 - This took FOREVER. His "Sin Harvest" attack is what killed me every single time.

Going through the 100 trial pit in Twilight Princess - Insanely fun, yet frustrating at the same time. After I found a little trick to drinking the Purple Jelly/goo, it became much easier.

Mine are:

Most of the Sonic & The Black Knight Music

Defeating Tabuu on intense in SSE with one of my best mates, verrry intense, and only berely won.

Racing & defeating 3 triple star ranked racers in Mario Kart Wii barely. I don't know how I did it though, it was in DS Delfino Square.

Mario & Sonic being in a videogame together for the first time. Yes, it's not anything new for people anymore, but as a kid, I always wanted the pair to be in a game.

Nearly falling in the lava in GBA Bowser Castle 3 by doing a drift, then half the car was going in, and I held the accel button, and somehow made it back onto the track.

Defeating the Duck Knight (final boss) for the first time in Quackshot: starring Donald duck on the SEGA Genesis/Megadrive. Pretty hard boss.

Completed Sonic 1 without getting killed once.

JEV3 said:
Okami - There were actually two such occasions here, the first being when one of the bosses appeared to have the same ability to use the canvas that you did,
I believe that was Ninetails, having powered up versions to boot. He also had all of the techniques WAAAAY before you even had Blizzard.

In HaloCE, an invisible alien was coming at me with the energy sword on the legendary difficulty, and I killed it with one last desparate shot to the head (with the pistol). I was like HOLY FREAKIN' CARP! I CAN'T BELIEVE I SURVIVED! Or something like that.
Oh, and I beat Doom E1 on Nightmare with like 2% life left. You couldn't imagine the happiness I felt when I saw that Baron of Hell's guts spill out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back