mtf_Coagulation.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

koni

Yes It's true this is the coagulation level from halo 2.

So Anyway here's the link on sendspace and as I go I'll pretty much
get it on more sites so I won't have to reupload it all the time.

Super Duper Updated Links!
Sendspace
SRB2FFH

Also for all those who argue for screens here they are:

Blue Base:

Red Base

P.S. This is my 2nd post ever.

Well, its better than most FPS ports to SRB2 that I've seen.

Your biggest issue is the fact that the vast majority of the map is way too cramped. Especially your cave systems and ledges around the side of the map. They should be at least 256 wide, at their narrowest.

Otherwise, nobody under any kind of control lag is going to be able to stay on those tiny 64 fracunit ledges you have there.

You also had some strange visual and object glitches. You had rings stuck inside walls, etc.

Otherwise, it seems obvious that you understand the mechanics of making a map, it just needs a lot of refining.

Heh. I vaygly remember that map. Some of the gimmicks in that level were slopes and The Tank, and srb2 ironically lacks them both. You'll have to make up for that somehow. I'd DL it, but unfortunately I'm off to test Kuja's levelpack. Maybe in a bit.

Update

Jazz said:
Your biggest issue is the fact that the vast majority of the map is way too cramped. Especially your cave systems and ledges around the side of the map. They should be at least 256 wide, at their narrowest.

Otherwise, nobody under any kind of control lag is going to be able to stay on those tiny 64 fracunit ledges you have there.

Yeah I noticed that but I just felt like blowing it out there anyway.

But I guess if you wanted a better one I took what you said and made the ledges alot bigger along with the cave.

This Is the link to the updated version:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/j56rxw

P.S. I Couldn't find a problem with items being stuck In walls anywhere
but I moved a couple rings about to be fully on level surfaces.

I don't really like Halo, but it seems this map has potential from that screenshot. I don't have time to play it right now though.

Ok, not bad. A few things:

1) Some areas of the map are devoid of detail. Big, open plains might work for Halo, but it doesn't work too well for srb2.

2)The bases and the caves are still a tinge too cramped. It would be much appreciated if you'd open them up.

3)This map despreatly cries out for more. I would suggest a bomb ring in the bottom of each of the bases (to give the bottom parts a purpous), and maybe a bomb/rail on top of the ledges or in the caves. If not a weapon ring, maybe consider a ring monitor there.

4) There is a bug with your flags. If you stand on your own, it keeps returning it to base. Not a fatal bug, but annoying nonetheless.

5)Put a player 1 start in the map, so when idiots load the map improperly, it doesn't crash.

6)Your teleporters are messed up. Change the effect on your intangible FOFs from "lindef trigger-touch floor" to "linedef executor-anywhere in sector". This makes it so I can't thok through the teleporter

7)A non-noticable bug, but you don't need the bases covered in "ramp sector" sector effects.

8)The wind effects in the base are cool, but they would function better with springs. As it is now, they are cumbersom to work, and you can sometimes get stuck in them.

9)Put some kind of scenery where the teleporter teleports you

10)The stairs on the right side of the blue base, and on the left side of the red base are broken. This can be fixed by making the base symmetrical. Also, take away the fans, because they break the way the stairs work, getting you stuck and leading to cheap deaths.

11)Suggestion: Put a yellow spring in the middle of the base, so you can go from the middle to the top area.

12)Stretch out the playing field. I could get from one base to the other in 10 seconds by thokking. Not good for CTF.

That's all for now, I'll add more if I think of it

6/10

.hack said:
Ok, not bad. A few things:

1) Some areas of the map are devoid of detail. Big, open plains might work for Halo, but it doesn't work too well for srb2.

2)The bases and the caves are still a tinge too cramped. It would be much appreciated if you'd open them up.

3)This map despreatly cries out for more. I would suggest a bomb ring in the bottom of each of the bases (to give the bottom parts a purpous), and maybe a bomb/rail on top of the ledges or in the caves. If not a weapon ring, maybe consider a ring monitor there.

4) There is a bug with your flags. If you stand on your own, it keeps returning it to base. Not a fatal bug, but annoying nonetheless.

5)Put a player 1 start in the map, so when idiots load the map improperly, it doesn't crash.

6)Your teleporters are messed up. Change the effect on your intangible FOFs from "lindef trigger-touch floor" to "linedef executor-anywhere in sector". This makes it so I can't thok through the teleporter

7)A non-noticable bug, but you don't need the bases covered in "ramp sector" sector effects.

8)The wind effects in the base are cool, but they would function better with springs. As it is now, they are cumbersom to work, and you can sometimes get stuck in them.

9)Put some kind of scenery where the teleporter teleports you

10)The stairs on the right side of the blue base, and on the left side of the red base are broken. This can be fixed by making the base symmetrical. Also, take away the fans, because they break the way the stairs work, getting you stuck and leading to cheap deaths.

11)Suggestion: Put a yellow spring in the middle of the base, so you can go from the middle to the top area.

12)Stretch out the playing field. I could get from one base to the other in 10 seconds by thokking. Not good for CTF.

That's all for now, I'll add more if I think of it

6/10

Hmm..... Let me see if I can answer all these.

1)I Don't get what your trying to say here? Do you just want some scenery everywhere or what?

2)Yeah I guess that would be the first thing to change.

3)Okay I see what you mean here. I Forgot the fact that large maps need at least 2 weapon rings. So I'll just go ahead and put bomb rings in each base and some ring boxes on the ledges and the cave.

4)Yeah I noticed this to unfortunatly I have absolutely no idea on how to fix this.

5)Umm... with the map header and all I don't get why they'd try to open in co-op but I guess I can put it in anyway.

6)Yeah as soon as I read this I realized instantly what you meant so I fixed that up so that you can touch anywhere on the green to teleport.

7)Actually alot of the base does need ramp sectors cause if you haven't noticed the hole it's in is pretty steep so the only way out would of been to jump all the time which nobody likes having to do in a little hole.

8)Actually I don't have to put up springs cause I don't want people to go down the hole, only up. Although I did change the fans a bit so that once you get high enough you'll be blown into the base instead of having to manualy float in once you hit the ceiling. Plus I've never been stuck in it before?

9)This one I don't get very much. Do you mean to put like a bunch of stuff around the teleporter (flowers, trees,etc.) or like stick one noticeable thing on the spot the teleporter is. (which is what I did)

10)Actually all I had to do was lower the fans a little more.

Now for those suggestions:

11)I would maybe if this was just some ordinary srb2 map but it's not it's coagulation and unless there was a spring in the middle of the base on the real coagulation there won't be on this one.

12)Yeah I did this as well so now the levels pretty big.

Anyway now on to the new download link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/740cw7

Enjoy!

Ok. Better. However, there are two big problems still in this map.

1)In software, you've got more HOM bugs. Now, if you play in opengl, you don't have this error, but in software, it makes the map close to unplayable. HOM occours when you have wide open spaces. I know, I told you to make the map bigger, but it looked a lot better before you changed it. My bad. HOM 1[img=http://aycu15.webshots.com/image/36094/2005851506346457827_th.jpg]
HOM 2[img=http://aycu15.webshots.com/image/36094/2005851506346457827_rs.jpg]

2) The area behind the base needs to be shrunk. Running through a flat plain this big does not make a good level.[img=http://aycu39.webshots.com/image/37158/2005803369879246631_rs.jpg]

I was just zooming down the front page of the Levels forum and suddenly I see this and go "BFLAFAHJE WHAT"

For the most part it looks pretty good, but you need to make some changes that fit more into the SRB2 gameplay style. You also need to heighten the surrounding walls to make it feel more like a gulch and not a small patch of land (You can do this by raising the floor and ceiling heights of your thok barrier).

Woo, Just when you guy's think I'd forgot about this level.

This will be my final update (Unless we gain slopes somehow) so don't worry about anymore finding or whatever it is your doing.

This last update doesn't really have anything different sept the fact I finally have a mirror site now and I found out how to get rid of those ugly HOMS

Links:
Sendspace
SRB2FFH

I will also update the first post with this to.

I just downloaded this and had a quick run around, in brief, I'm impressed.

I know how hard it is to port this sort of map from past experience, since it's mainly hill based, but you seem to have catered to that quite well. The one thing that bothers me though is that the bases are a little low, maybe you could make them a bit taller? I'm sure they're taller in the actual game...

But all in all, it's not half bad, best attempt I've seen at porting a Halo map I've seen so far. Now go do Last Resort (Zanzibar for those Halo 2 junkies that haven't got Halo 3).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back