• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Character WAD Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we can help you unless you give us more information or post the WAD file itself.

...There's usually something after "frame" in this error.

It means that the wad you're trying to load is either broken or not compatible with SRB2 2.1 .

Are all of the character's sprites placed in the correct order and directly after the S_SKIN lump? (e.g. S_SKIN -> PLAYA1 -> PLAYA2A8 -> ...)

It would help a lot if you gave us a link to the WAD so we could open it and look around for ourselves.

Last edited:
....It says "No patches found for PLAYA1 frame ^", which means you're missing the ^ frames. (PLAY^1 etc.)

Go to "Edit -> Preferences -> Editing" and check "Use percent encoding". Then replace your SECOND set of "PLAY\1" etc. frames with "PLAY^1" etc.

Also, the SkinName variable in MAINCFG and the name variable in S_SKIN need to match. Right now, the former is "Thoking Tails" and the latter is "ThokingTails."

Zipper, the ^ thing kinda works, but now the [ error got into play.
Edit: The missing rotations got into play.

Last edited:
Zipper, the ^ thing kinda works, but now the [ error got into play.
Edit: The missing rotations got into play.

Essentially, you're asking people to do this work for you.
It would be the quicker, easier route, but nontheless for that, you won't learn anything that way.
After turning on "use percent encoding", make sure you go through and rename all of the sprites to the correct symbols etc, open the default tails.plr file and compare the sprites and rename them as they should be named.
Seriously though, why would you need Tails to thok? Sonic can do that already. :/
What I also suggest; if you are using SLADE (which I assume you are), in preferences under Editing, make sure you uncheck "force uppercase".
If you continue to have problems, I would suggest using a different WAD editor, SLumpED in particular; I find it to be more stable, and percent encoding is built in. Same as any WAD editor though, you must disable the forcing of uppercase entry names. In SLumpED, go to file>options, and it will be the checkbox just above the last.
I do not recommend XWE however - it's a terrible wad editor and it should not exist.
Have fun editing your wad.

Character WAD Fail: THE SEQUEL

Help (Once again)! I'm making a Thoking Knuckles but as soon I go into a stage, it says OUT OF MEMORY.

SLADE is updated version of SLumpED, it has more features and is being actively worked on. If you do see crashes, you can report it to the SLADE forums here. As for why that precent coding is turned off by default, it has to do with pk3 format I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back