Cyum's old pc games: Sonic R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyum

Conquistador Le Crap
Lately, I have been through my things and found an old disc. I rubbed it of with all my might and it turned out to be Sonic R. Soon later, i played it on my old computers (97 windows to be exact) and beat the game few times without unlocking anyone. However I have many questions, what was it's plot and motivations? In addition, can anyone help me unlock super sonic?

How to get Super Sonic in Sonic R?

Simple, get all the Chaos Emeralds! (keeping in mind you have to win the races you get them in as well)

Thank you Monster Iestyn, but how do I get them without losing? In other words, what is your strategy?

I'm sure there are FAQs to answer strategy questions for you. As for information about the game itself ("plot and motivations"), try the Wikipedia article. I don't know why you would ask a community dedicated to a fangame about things you can easily find elsewhere.

It's really one of the easiest racing games I've played. First, get all the tokens on the first stage, and beat metal sonic. Second, don't unlock anymore characters, just get one emerald per race. If you can't do it, don't worry. Try again, maybe even spend a time or two experimenting and finding secret paths and shortcuts. After getting all the emeralds, You select Super Sonic by pressing up on sonic's icon. Now, you have two options. Beat radiant emerald now, or wait until you unlock all secret characters. I chose the later.
Hope that helps. Also I may have my sonic R texture hack lying around if your interested. It's not entirely complete, but it's really close.

I'm sure there are FAQs to answer strategy questions for you. As for information about the game itself ("plot and motivations"), try the Wikipedia article. I don't know why you would ask a community dedicated to a fangame about things you can easily find elsewhere.
Okay, i'll Google it! Thank you SpirtCrusher for the information.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

It's really one of the easiest racing games I've played. First, get all the tokens on the first stage, and beat metal sonic. Second, don't unlock anymore characters, just get one emerald per race. If you can't do it, don't worry. Try again, maybe even spend a time or two experimenting and finding secret paths and shortcuts. After getting all the emeralds, You select Super Sonic by pressing up on sonic's icon. Now, you have two options. Beat radiant emerald now, or wait until you unlock all secret characters. I chose the later.
Hope that helps. Also I may have my sonic R texture hack lying around if your interested. It's not entirely complete, but it's really close.

I'll check out the texture hack gammerman14, and follow your advice as well.

Last edited:
gamerman14 alluded to this, but the unlockable characters save for Super Sonic are accessed by gathering 5 tokens in each level and then challenging one of them to a one-to-one race. Beat your opponent and he's yours to toy with.

Knuckles is, in my opinion, your go-to man for unlocking the secret characters. He's slow enough that you can (usually) gather lines of rings relatively easily, and has good enough handling in that you can navigate the tight areas where the Emeralds and Tokens are usually hidden without bouncing around too much. Plus, his glide is an excellent ability to spam at certain points in Regal Ruin and Reactive Factory.

After you've unlocked all the characters, here's a challenge for you: Win each race with the Tails Doll. Except perhaps for the Egg Robo, he's probably the weakest racer compared to his competition (you'll always face Metal Sonic, Metal Knuckles, Egg Robo, AND friggin' Super Sonic if you pick him).

your spoiler has a good point. After you unlock supersonic, there's no point of using the other unlock able characters, except for challenge of course.

gamerman14 alluded to this, but the unlockable characters save for Super Sonic are accessed by gathering 5 tokens in each level and then challenging one of them to a one-to-one race. Beat your opponent and he's yours to toy with.

Knuckles is, in my opinion, your go-to man for unlocking the secret characters. He's slow enough that you can (usually) gather lines of rings relatively easily, and has good enough handling in that you can navigate the tight areas where the Emeralds and Tokens are usually hidden without bouncing around too much. Plus, his glide is an excellent ability to spam at certain points in Regal Ruin and Reactive Factory.

After you've unlocked all the characters, here's a challenge for you: Win each race with the Tails Doll. Except perhaps for the Egg Robo, he's probably the weakest racer compared to his competition (you'll always face Metal Sonic, Metal Knuckles, Egg Robo, AND friggin' Super Sonic if you pick him).

That's what i'm trying to do, becasue I googled some FQA's that spirtcrusher said for me to do. I learned by playing today that Knuckles is a all-around person, and can go in straight in the right hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back