Help with Resolution and flickering problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaitoCain

To get things started, I must state that I'm a big fan of this game and having played it nearly to death in 1.09, I'm looking forwards to playing 2.04 and beyond with the kind folks here.

My problems, however, do complicate my playing of this fine game. They are as follows.

1. When starting the game in a higher resolution, the game seems to stutter. This also occurs when playing the game, but seems to be only linked to the higher resolutions. Is there a solution to playing in higher resolutions without encountering this seeming lag?

2. While playing at any resolution, the screen flashes white every 5 to 10 seconds. While this isn't a really big issue, it is rather annoying and I would like it to stop.

As I said before, I played 1.09 without any such difficulties and would like my play of 2.xx to be similar. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Changing the resolution down to 800x600 fixed the stutter problem mostly. The flicker is still there, but it's not as frequent.

Last edited:
Type "STRETCH 1" in the console, restart SRB2, and then pick the resolution of your choice. That should work.

Type "STRETCH 1" in the console, restart SRB2, and then pick the resolution of your choice. That should work.

Did this. The flicker problem remains, while the stutter is gone. I'm also on 2 monitors, but since SRB2 only uses one, I don't see why the second would cause issues.

What are the Green Resolutions? (I need numbers, as I could just enter them into the Config along with bit number as well)

The green colored resolution means RECOMMENDED resolution. If you don't have any green resolution, then that means you don't have any resolution that will work perfectly I belive.

Yeah. Everyone has different recommended resolutions. For instance my recommended resolution is 1920X1200 but it might be different for other people.

So I have no recommended resolutions. Fun....

Edit: Updated Drivers and nothing changed. Again, I'm asking for the correct aspect numbers and such so I can just enter them into the config and get it done.

Also, is it normal for SRB2 to run in 8 bit colors?

Edit2: The game still flickers white, being most noticeable in ACZ. Is there anyone who can help me?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back