Switching from 3D mode to 2D mode issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperknux

The board's UK Ecologist
I saw this in the latest SRB2Riders in STJR illusion, and thought that I could try it in one of my single player stages for a few tests in one of my levels. Thing is, I couldn't find the map number to have a look at the level data, and get a few ideas, and with the wiki also being down, I really don't know how to do it. Is a certain sector effect, Thing placement, or lindef action needed? If so, could you possibly tell me?. Thanks a bunch whoever can.

HK.

Draykon said:
It's a feature that doesn't exist in 1.09.4a. You'll hafta wait for 1.1 to be able to actually use it in vanilla SRB2.

Ah I see. Thanks for answering though. Least I know it's not in the actuall game.

I don't know the linedef action you use cause its a bunch of them. Anayways, the one that I sent it to has the deletion link too so it might have gotten deleted.

Even if it works, it won't be available in netgames. The reason is that you'll be changing a gametype, so everyone else will be affected too. Once the gametype is changed to 2D mode, everyone else who were still in 3D mode will be forced into 2D. This could force them to fall off a platform, or into a badnik. Either way, it's just not worth it. You'll have to include an EXE, and turn your level into a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back