Direct3D rendering dll compiling help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very old Nvidia Riva TNT II, and opengl doesn't work with this
card. I have played in opengl on other computers, and I
would really like to play with MD2s on mine. I know
no one compiles r_d3d.dll, and I know it's just a wrapper to opengl.
I'm not asking anyone to compile anything, I'm
just asking for the source and instructions on how to compile it.
I have gcc installed, and a compiling environment set up. I have
the SRB2 devpacks and dev-c++, if there is anything else I need,
tell me! Thanks in advance!

PS: I'll upload the dll onto my website once I compile it.

We have a topic like this, and you're just going to be told the same thing. We haven't got an r_d3d.dll.

I feel your pain. I used to have a similar graphics card. The same one, actually.

uh... yes we have, just nobody felt like building it. I just found the source for it, and I'm downloading the directX SDK as we speak. I'll post a link to it as soon as I get it to work.

Gah, not working. I get a bunch of "Default int" errors, and a couple of syntax errors. I'm using Visual Studio 2005 pro, if that's any help.

But.............................

If someone would post a precompiled version, that would be great!

If you can find drivers for it. I couldn't get working drivers for Windows on the official Nvidia website (so I had to use onboard stuff).

And that meant no OpenGL support, and as everyone should know by now, forcing SRB2 to be displayed in a lag-o-vision with no red in fullscreen.

SSNTails said:
What are you talking about? OpenGL runs AWESOME on a TNT2!

Really? Well! If I can't get the drivers for it off the nvidia website, where can I get them? Running winXP

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Device Manager says it's a "Model 64/Model 64 Pro"

Dunno. I know for a fact that OpenGL drivers exist for it under Win9x.

try googling "Nvidia TNT2 OpenGL Windows XP" or something.

I installed a driver for it from some driver site... Said it supported opengl and winXP... Is there some problem with the source of r_d3d.dll? or is it because nobody feels like compiling it? Well, I kinda would like this dll, and, as I said, I can't seem to compile it. Direct3D stuff runs perfectly on my computer. Thanks!

I think I've found something promising... Detonator 4 XP. I'll keep trying to get a download, and if someone else finds it please post here. Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it working. Looks great!

Have you gotten it compiled yet? because like you my 3D card hates OpenGL. if you ever get it compiled, please post it so others can use it.
Anyway if your not done compiling it, Im wishing you the best of luck.

Actually, I forgot where I found it. I'll upload it to sendspace or something. This is NOT r_d3d.dll, this is opengl for some old nVidia cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back