Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the new version and really enjoyed it. I really like how the made each of the Robot Master levels, they really make a great addition to this game. Super Adapter is pretty overpowered in terms of strength (lol 2-3 hit kill), but it can be a pain to try to hit with since if someone is moderately different elevation or keep stick close to corner. Sometimes the charge shot move of the Super Adapter stays stuck in the max charge frame until you shoot normally.

I really like Scorch Wheel even if seems to work better as supportive weapon instead of a offensive one since it gives you a great speed boost, unless you know how to nail people with it.
My personal favorite other than Scorch Wheel is between Freeze Cracker and Wild Coil, they both could easily knock people out if used properly.

Chapter 7's boss is intimidating at first but later I found it very easy. Sticking close to a side of a column opposite of where the boss is helps a lot. The Mega Buster worked the best for me more than anything else.

Cannot wait to see anymore expansions if they are doing anymore.

This thread was necro'd by someone other than me? Inconceivable!

Haven't really been able to play the new version, but it's kinda silly how Mirror Buster got its HUD changed to use the new sprites. I mean, it made sense for the shields(Leaf Shield uses the throw anim. in MM2), but Mirror Buster has always been shot whenever Mega Man used it.

V2.0 : Time ... for the big show.
Megaman 7 is a game where I did not spend much time ... I know the levels, but it was a megaman which don't really interested me. I am waiting Megaman 8, and particularly the level of Sword Man ... about projects, I hope they will also resume the series of Megaman X.
Reviews by me :
[SHADE] Looks like to the The Gemini Laser weapon ... I can not use the charge attack to throw a big noise missile. The level is very good. I love shooting birds and dodge their shots !
[SLASH] I liked the weapon. The noise sounds like a very fast combo. But the level, with me ... it lag too. I can not even play it without falling into a hole.
[CLOUD] Weapon nice, nice to see in graphics. The level is correct, there are however some little lags.
[TURBO] I do not like the attack, it is too long to prepare and I don't know how to use correctly. The size and the many ways in the level make me happy.
[JUNK] A level simply outstanding, I tested for over 30 minutes. It took me a while to understand how to climb over the lava!
The attack is good, I just need to train myself to use it.
[SPRING] I was expecting a weird weapon, I got it. Level based entirely on the springs ... well. I often go in the middle to collect weapons !
[FREEZE] Weapon : classic. I have nothing to say about it. Level also classic...
[BURST] I rarely found the weapon. His power is average.
The level looks very nice, but I could not play because there was too much lag.
[FORTRESSES] Typically, I dislike Wily stage. These stages have rather disappointed me overall. (Sorry for bad english.)

Even if I said more negative points than positive points, I love still M8BDM. Exactly like SRB2 Multiplayer.

I've started playing this 2 weeks ago and i'm hooked to it. I even found some people who used to play SRB2 there with the exact same name (not telling). Its like SRB2 only without the speed and the noobs who leave your server because you have a shield and the bomb ring (oops did I let that slip out?) I haven`t seen any Roboenza servers up since the update though.

I haven`t seen any Roboenza servers up since the update though.

The fact that Robonenza Plagued the MM8BDM servers for almost a month is what made me stop playing for awhile. And by plagued I mean: "nothing but that game mode".

So personally I'm rather glad hearing this >:3

After repeatedly crashing during Yamatoman's stage, I finally managed to get to Wily and put a stop to his evil plans once and for all.

I really gotta say, this is probably one of my favorite unofficial Mega Man game I have ever played. Really did take me down memory lane, even though I only played 2, 3, and 5. I should go and revisit some of the missed Mega Man games that I really didn't get myself familiarized with.

One thing that urked me the most was the AI... Is it me, or was it fairly easy to get kills on some stages? Most of the time, I usually find them running into a wall, leaving them completely open for an Atomic Fire blast or Hyper Bombing. Not saying that is a bad thing, but it makes it too easy to win the rounds and makes it a less interesting fight. However, they do put up a good fight when they aren't aimlessly wandering into walls.... Sometimes, too good of a fight that they end up killing you faster than what you can kill them. Other than that, the game wasn't too difficult and it kept me on my toes trying to catch up to the bot in first place or even trying to keep my weapons and health filled so I can keep fighting.

The boss fights were interesting and took some time fight off, especially the Giant Metool which kicked my ass the most out of all of the boss fights. What I liked the most was that it was mainly a one-on-one fight, even though some bosses had little minions that were a distraction while fighting.

Spoilers for those who haven't played the game:

I liked and hated how you had to refight all of the robot masters in the end. Can't really say much on them, but at least they weren't all on you at once. Gamma probably had to be the hardest fight I have had until I figured out that I would just point up at it's head and shoot it with my Hard Knuckle. Also didn't realize that I actually had to use the Rush Coil to deal the final blow with Top Spin. Well, that was after I went to look up on how to fight him. I'm such a noob, eh? Either way, it was still a tough fight even after finding out how to fight him.

I really enjoyed this game and I did play through the MM7 stages. Well, now that I have beaten it and most of the servers are empty (at least from what I have seen), I guess I will have to wait for another update. Or, play through the chapters again because I really enjoyed this game.

Edit:

Also realized why I wasn't seeing any open servers was that I had mm8bdm-v2a instead of v2b. Didn't see they had released another update right after I downloaded the first one.

Last edited:
You should use Doomseeker when trying to find netgames, it makes it much easier to see the versions and whatever WADs the server has. I think the MM8BDM forum has instructions on how to set it up.

Ahh, there we go... That makes it a lot easier! Thanks, Torgo!

Played a few online games and they were a lot better than playing against the AI.

AI was made to be stupid so that way people could zoom through to the secret bosses and main bosses. That and most were complaining that it was set rather high and made progression difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back