• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

3-D characters.

how should 3-D characters be made?

• the way they're made now.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the way rings are made.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hms

Realy 3-D characters aren't that 3-D at all they're still 2-D but just look
3-D if anything in srb2 is 3-D it's the rings realy 3-D character wads were made the same way the rings are they would actualy be 3-D.

3-d is how the characters look forward instead of sideways or how they look in the next-gen games.

P.S wrong forum.

Uh, hello? The rings in SRB2 are sprites just like everything else in the game. Hand-sprited stuff looks a hell of a lot better than crappy 3D models anyhow. Yoshi's Island SNES looks better than Donkey Kong Country by a long-shot.

You do not know how much I agree with you there, Anyway.....

2D sprites are better and easier to do than 3D modules anyday

PLAYA1-3.png

3D sprite, early preview go away!

Explaination

Explaination: 3 dimesional models are in factuality 2D. However, ther is a difference between sprites and 3D models on the computer. You see, sprites are x amount of drawn out pictures that represent different perspective veiws of an object. 3D models on the otherhand are just one big digitally modeled object. Not a certain number of sprits to create the illusion of the object being of 3 dimensions. 3D models are all one...well...model. A model that, although is also technically an illusion created by the computer monitor, does not need individual sprites. For example, its like comparing stop-motion animation to a live action filmed movie. So as you can see, there is quite a difference between 3D models and sprites. :D

P.S. I like spriting a heck of a lot more than 3D modeling!

The 3D models are fine the way they are. Besides that, most sprites are hand drawn, whereas a 3D model is computer made. I like srb2s way of modeling. Besides that, srb2 looks real enough to be 3D.

Srb2 rules.

):^' Did anyone even read my post? The post that answers Hms's question? Watever. I don't care anyway. Sprites are sprites. 3D models are 3D models.

My ideas about sprites vs. 3d models

First of all...I've had allot of experience working with 3d models and I've found that they are not only easier to work with than sprites, they look cleaner too.

On the subject of whether they should be used in SRB2 or not, leave that up to the people who made the game. If they wanted to use them, they would. Just be glad they did what they did. A good 3d home brew of anything is very hard to find, mostly because it's hard to do with what's available for home brew construction.

Besides, the sprites help maintain the cartoon-like style of the graphics of the original Sonic games. (as opposed to the Sonic Adventure style)

On the other hand, I think the game would be slightly improved if it used 7 direction sprites, (the other being top) but this is only a slight unnecessary improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back