• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Just a thought for a "real" hyper sonic wad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so everyone knows how the original hyper sonic was...flashed all the colors of the emeralds and white etc.

Would it be possible to make this effect in ImageReady, save as a .gif and use that as his textures?

I'm not saying a rainbow colored sonic would be the coolest but at least more authentic...

And another thing that crossed my empty mind was would it be possible to combine the effect of the armageddon shield with sonic's thok (or be used in a hyper knux wad when gliding into a wall) to make their shock wave attack things? (excuse my ignorance of their technical terms)

Just some thoughts...

Characters do not have "textures" they have "frames."

I highly doubt an animated GIF would work properly as a frame.

Hyper effects are just completely not doable. That's also intentional.

Animated GIFs can not be used for sprites.

It is possible to combine those two, I believe. The problem with that is that it'd also mess up other characters using the thok ability.

Sorry, I mixed that up with sa hacking termonoloy.

I was just curious because when you turn the camera around to the front of the super sonic wad he flashes.
Is that an effect made in a wad editor? I was just wondering if there was a
way to expand on it.

Yeah, I was just hopeful there was a way to isolate the thok changes to that
one specific wad. Those flash abilities that Hyper Sonic and Knux had in
STH3&K were the first thing I thought of when I first used an armageddon
shield...

Apologies for my n00b-ness.
I've been playing sonic for 10 years but editing srb2 is really new to me...

Dark Warrior said:
It is possible to combine those two, I believe. The problem with that is that it'd also mess up other characters using the thok ability.
Nope. Armageddon explosion isn't soccable.,

DW, You've got it backwards. It's easily possible to SOC changes to Thok for only a custom character. Problem is, the most you could do is give the player an Armageddon shield, then take it back. Which would require the player to hit spindash in that one opening.

The most you could do is make each frame of a character a different colored sprite.

But I suppose it could get around to making a hyper SOC.......

Go play Mario Mode and grab a starman. That's about as close as it gets without making a special wad and EXE..

it's a real shame that this doesn't seem possible, as this sounds so excellent. If anyone could find a way to do this, i'm sure you'd be worshipped.

If you had a color changing Super Sonic and if the color <Color>; wait <Number> was still alive.. Yeah, It'd be possible.

So it could be done...hmmm

What a shame ImageReady and Photoshop files can't be used.
That's probably one of the only things I'm half-decent at ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back