Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting this to come out,But it comes out in 11/01/2011 in Xbox 360,PlayStation 11/01/2011 and/Nintendo 3DS Nov 2011.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you're trying to say. As far as I can tell, all you're doing is restating information that's been known for ages as if it were new. Why?

No Jaleel White?

GOOD.

I mean GOD was his Sonic annoying. Maybe it was just the writing for AoStH, but I don't think I'd want to put up with an entire game of that.

Agreed, I was hoping he'd be mute as soon as I saw him the first time on the teaser video.

I like this post by Orian

"Good. The only reason people even like him at all is nostalgia, and nostalgia is an atrocious reason to want him to voice the character. He's the worst actor to ever voice the character, his performance never fit the character. Even the 4kids atrocity did a better job.

This is also an obvious horse crap excuse. They couldn't get him the voice the character, so they made Classic Sonic mute? For one thing I don't recall Jaleel White ever voicing Sonic in any games, so that's a moot point. It's made even more obvious that it's BS as the game is also being developed for a Japanese audience, and I somehow doubt they would cut voice acting just because the "actor" they wanted for the Western release of the title was unavailable. For another, are they bringing back Ryan Drummond for modern Sonic, as he's the one who voiced him in some of the "classic" modern Sonic titles they're including in the game, do turn about on that point is fair play."

Jaleel sounded so much better in that film by the way.

Yeah I agree with all the crap about repetitive stage choices including like 3 cities. I just hope the 3DS version is a bit better, though I'm loving how Crisis City looks!

Here's hoping for Hang Castle/Mystic Mansion in 3DS! That was probably the most iconic stage for me in Sonic Heroes.

Yeah I agree with all the crap about repetitive stage choices including like 3 cities.

Eh, they are not at all the same ! Crisis City and Highway Speed​​, there is a difference !

As for the new trailer, I expected that. I would have liked to see more Crisis City and Planet Wisp, even If I haven't Sonic Colors.

Continue to send new videos of SG if you can find ! I love them !

Actually, it's Speed Highway, City Escape, Crisis City and Rooftop Run. Four cities.

Now, while Crisis City has the obvious volcano level tropes in play and Sega introduced carnival level tropes to Rooftop Run arbitrarily, I'm not sure if Speed Highway and City Escape are distinct enough from one another to have been good choices.

Looking exciting so far. I LOVE how Planet Wisp looks, and the fact that the Colors abilities are in there. (Sonic Colors in HD WOAAAAAH)

Actually, it's Speed Highway, City Escape, Crisis City and Rooftop Run. Four cities.

Now, while Crisis City has the obvious volcano level tropes in play and Sega introduced carnival level tropes to Rooftop Run arbitrarily, I'm not sure if Speed Highway and City Escape are distinct enough from one another to have been good choices.

Well, City Escape could fit as some kind of Coastline city, while Speed Highway is more of a metropolitan city. So while they're both cities, they look and play much more different than they're made out to be.

So yeah, I have no problem with four city levels, because they at least look and play differently from what I've seen.

Do destroyed / abandoned cities count? Then we should probably include the ruined Station Square, since that's where the Perfect Chaos battle will probably end up at. That makes five cities!

And then there's Starlight Speedway. And we might do battle with Silver in some picturesque metropolitan cafe. And the Space Colony ARK probably had a lot of people living in it at one time. So we most definitely have (at least!) EIGHT CITY LEVELS, many of them with improbable / unwise urban planning decisions. I mean, christ, loop-de-loops in your transportation networks!?

Everything about this game sticks in my craw.

Last edited:
What the heck was up with the remix? It sounded classic at first, but then the guitar came in.

Is this the level where we have to switch between classic and modern in mid-stage?

Well, City Escape could fit as some kind of Coastline city, while Speed Highway is more of a metropolitan city. So while they're both cities, they look and play much more different than they're made out to be.

So yeah, I have no problem with four city levels, because they at least look and play differently from what I've seen.
Look different, maybe. Play different, not entirely sure how.

Do destroyed / abandoned cities count? Then we should probably include the ruined Station Square, since that's where the Perfect Chaos battle will probably end up at. That makes five cities!

And then there's Starlight Speedway. And we might do battle with Silver in some picturesque metropolitan cafe. And the Space Colony ARK probably had a lot of people living in it at one time. So we most definitely have (at least!) EIGHT CITY LEVELS...
I don't count the boss battles.

Look different, maybe. Play different, not entirely sure how.

Well, from what's shown, most of the gameplay in Speed Highway is on suspended freeways and in buildings, while City Escape takes place across streets and parks, so the main designs behind them are much more different than "just two city levels"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back