[Open Assets] SRB2 - Community Build! - Full color Edition! (PNG)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T.T

ummm....
pretty noobish question here...

how do i properly download this?
well, rather, how do i properly install it? i extract it into the same file, use the net launcher to run it in openGL, but there isnt much of a chang from what i see...

other optional to answer questions:
1. where can i download the md2's in the pictures?
2. how do i spawn bots?

Hi there. Welcome to the SRB2MB!

Click on the link that is under Download Now in the 1st post. The mirror link is broken (and its site is unaccessible for some reason :S)

well, rather, how do i properly install it?
Extract the files in srb2 folder (considering you already have srb2 installed).

i extract it into the same file, use the net launcher to run it in openGL, but there isnt much of a chang from what i see...
You don't need to use net launcher to run it in openGL. It runs in OpenGL by default. Just double click the srb2cb.exe.

If you want to run it in Software rendering: create a shortcut and add -software to the address.

but there isnt much of a chang from what i see...
If you don't see much change, that's because it's an engine that doesn't feature new maps or such. SRB2CB is a new engine that brings up new editing features (for level and object making), improved OpenGL and some fixes on wall collision, among other things.

If you want to see the actual changes, create a map using its editing features.

2. how do i spawn bots?

1. See here: MD2 downloads
(and how to use them: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/OpenGL/MD2_Model)

2. See here: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SRB2CB/Console

More about SRB2CB: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SRB2CB

Last edited:
ummm....
pretty noobish question here...

well, rather, how do i properly install it? i extract it into the same file, use the net launcher to run it in openGL, but there isnt much of a chang from what i see...

2. how do i spawn bots?

Welcome to the SRB2 MB!

This mod is OpenGL exclusive. In other words, it automatically runs in OpenGL by itself. So using the SRB2Net launcher is not needed. Also, please don't ask where you can download certain files, as that is typically frowned upon here, use the search engine located near the top of the page instead.

To spawn a bot, you simply use type "addbot" in the console and press enter. (The console can be use by pressing "~" on the keyboard.)

EDIT: Dammit EzerArch, beat me to it. :|

:D

to moar questions:

1. Does this mod work on multiplayer (assuming of course, tht everyone on the server is using it)

2. would you be able to use MD2s on wad characters? like say i use a shadow.wad and get a shadow MD2 model. would it also be able to become a bot?

(after getting this thing to work, i played retro sonic heroes nonstop.)

1. Does this mod work on multiplayer (assuming of course, tht everyone on the server is using it)

Yes, multiplayer works perfectly fine IIRC. Though no one uses it as far as I know.

2. would you be able to use MD2s on wad characters? like say i use a shadow.wad and get a shadow MD2 model. would it also be able to become a bot?)

You don't need a separate character WAD to get an MD2 to work, although you still can. The MD2 replaces all of the default character's skins in SRB2. So you only need to select one of the default characters and the MD2 will play just fine for you.

to moar questions:

2. would you be able to use MD2s on wad characters? like say i use a shadow.wad and get a shadow MD2 model. would it also be able to become a bot?

(after getting this thing to work, i played retro sonic heroes nonstop.)

1) Yes
2) Yes, just add something along the lines of this in your md2.dat
Code:
[Name of shadow's skin] [Name of shadow's md2 file] 3.0 0.0

It you then, I open SRB2CB and it runs at full speed.
It doesn't happen all the time, and I found out it happens less in Windowed Mode. Before you dismiss a bug by the way, check if it occurs to other people as well, and try to fix your grammar next time.
@weaster4
Okay, you may be new, and I can respect that...but there's a fucking wiki.

Last edited:
Nu.

Okay, you might need to reinstall the game. But then again, if that doesn't work, then you have to reset your computer.

I know. This happened to me many times before. I hated it.

Hope this works for you. ;)

I'm not sure what the problem is now, but the new version crashes on launching it.

Just downloaded the version 1.1 and this is what I got. =\

Uhhh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back