Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Long time no see! *broken computer face*
So, I was reading those posts and I read quite a fight.

Welcome back to the kingdom of srb2!

And nah, it wasn't a fight, only good criticism like I want anyways.

No, Chary, don't change SNZ's song. It is perfect.
Haha, thanks for the compliment, but it isn't perfect. It's a nice song, one of the best I've done in my opinion, but it's not fitting to what the level is supposed to be.[/QUOTE]

Kim, the current one doesn't even fit, it has no "mechanical" reminder of the oil tracks and machinery. I suggest changes in instruments a bit here and there, but besides that it's all good. (IMO, of course.)

Long time no see. XD

Meh, I think if I was to redo it, I'd change pretty much the whole thing around, for the fact that the one I did already has an entire different feel, to it, meant to give the same awesome feel that this one gives. Which is, in essence, a pristine ice envorinment, untouched by the works of man. Which, is exactly what is wrong with mine, because Snowcap Nimbus is full of the presence of Dr. Robotnik.

But still, I'll have to see what Fawfulfan thinks.

On a side note, did anyone notice that Snowcap Nimbus Act 2 was in 7/8 time? :}

*waits for Fawfulfan*

Last edited:
SWZ's music reminds me of LoZ's Song of Healing in places...not sure how. The key sounds the same & the melodies are similar, I guess.

I'll just add my two cents to this little vote.

Charyb, I think most of your music for this is great, but I'm gonna have to agree with a few of the others; if there was one track you should redo, its probably snowcap nimbus. I'm not getting a strong enough "ice level" feel from it, and, like everyone else said, its needs to be a bit more sinister to reflect Eggman's stuff there.

The song in itself is a nice work, it just is a bit out of context with the game.

Again, Fawfulfan has the final say.

I'll just add my two cents to this little vote.

Charyb, I think most of your music for this is great, but I'm gonna have to agree with a few of the others; if there was one track you should redo, its probably snowcap nimbus. I'm not getting a strong enough "ice level" feel from it, and, like everyone else said, its needs to be a bit more sinister to reflect Eggman's stuff there.

The song in itself is a nice work, it just is a bit out of context with the game.

Again, Fawfulfan has the final say.

This mainly, if you listen to Ice Cap's first piece, it uses the guitar and other synths in a kinda 'Cold' feeling mannerism, yours feels... 'Warmish'. I dunno, maybe it's the simplicity of the music that makes it sound so 'Cold and empty' compared to your 'Warm and lively' pieces which usually have a fair amount of instruments going.

You know what, I'm gonna go ahead and say that I agree. It's an interesting tune, but I'm not sure it's entirely appropriate for SNZ. It needs to be more "frigid". If ever you decided to redo a track, this might be it.

Well, the guitar solo part in the middle is. The rest is straight 4/4.

What the... Now that I take a listen, I'm wrong... I know I started making this song in 7/8! Now when I listen, I count 4/8 or 4/4 time in the beginning, and then 6/8 in the middle where you're talking about I think. Remarkably, there is no 7/8 time in there at all, the only hint that it even was there is the irregular transition from the guitar solo into the flute and strings part... I have no clue how that happened, I'm gonna have to take a look at the project file now and see where I went whacked...

*wanders off dazed and confused*

What the... Now that I take a listen, I'm wrong... I know I started making this song in 7/8! Now when I listen, I count 4/8 or 4/4 time in the beginning, and then 6/8 in the middle where you're talking about I think. Remarkably, there is no 7/8 time in there at all, the only hint that it even was there is the irregular transition from the guitar solo into the flute and strings part... I have no clue how that happened, I'm gonna have to take a look at the project file now and see where I went whacked...

*wanders off dazed and confused*
Oh yes, of course it's 6/8. When you said "it's in 7/8", I basically listened to it, noticed that it's not 4/4 and automatically assumed "he must be right then". I should have counted myself :P

EDIT: You know what? You're confusing it with Spacewalk. That one's in 7/4.

Last edited:
Ah yes, I was. Thanks for clearing that up!

EDIT:
Fume Shaft Zone Act 1 will be done tomorrow night at the latest.

Last edited:
Sorry. Had to do that.

2aiez3b.jpg

Other than that, I liked the levels, they are simple and good.

:| Is it just me, or is DDZ way too long? Also, when I died in the next zone (forgot the name) I had to complete DDZ again. Was that supposed to happen?

Fawfulfan, in most of your levels, I wasn't sure which way to go. Maybe you could mark it a little better?
"Marking" which way to go is a crude and lazy solution. The better way--which I have attempted to do--is to generally reshape and modify the levels so that it is naturally more obvious.

:| Is it just me, or is DDZ way too long? Also, when I died in the next zone (forgot the name) I had to complete DDZ again. Was that supposed to happen?

...!?!?!?!?!?

I've never heard of this happening. Can anyone else second this claim?

Let's see... *loads Tortured Planet v8.4* *Loads Vector.wad* (It's my favorite) Hmm... I've noticed that the one thing you SHOULDN'T do with this is load in SMSfun... It adds a creepy Michael Jackson enemy that has a bad palette swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back