Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Charybdizs' great music, I noticed his new Special Stage theme a while ago, and it got me wondering: if there's new music for it, why not create some new and fun special stages as well?

Eruption Conduit Zone Act 1's my favorite by the way, I can't seem to stop playing it. It's stuck in my head...

Am I the only one noticed something rather bold in Charyb's sig? Gentleman, I expect something from him to come tommorow.

Well, it's true AAZ2 is almost done... I just need to add some bassline parts. However, I happen to be having a fun time working on FSZ2 right now. :3

create some new and fun special stages as well?

I think this gets addressed on every page.

Speaking of Charybdizs' great music, I noticed his new Special Stage theme a while ago, and it got me wondering: if there's new music for it, why not create some new and fun special stages as well?

Can we please just stop this? Tortured Planet is good enough with the maps it already has, and in my opinion, special stages wouldn't really fit.

Master Cheater said:
Tortured planet is really good!
It is just that in the final boss level, instead of there being black egg man, can there something like a big flying ship with egg man in it.
Thanks!

Didn't Fawfulfan say he was going to wait for the final version of SRB2 so he could implement the future bosses in the pack? Like, Eggscaliber could be used in AAZ, Eggman with an ACME rocket in FSZ, RVZ's boss in ECZ, GEZ's boss (?) in SWZ, and ERZ's future boss in LGZ, and the FFZ boss in SSZ.

Good enough?

If he is going to wait for srb2 to be completed, this changes will wait at least 2 years.
(I'm saying this because srb2 is a very big project, and looks like there is a lot of codes to be made).

Let me assure all of you that I have no intention of waiting for SRB2's completion to release v9.0 (although I do hesitantly plan to keep working on Tortured Planet for at least that long). I will release v9.0 the moment Charybdizs finishes all the music.

well Fawfulfan its a big improvement from before =P last time I downloaded this mod it was way you added so much more detailto most of the levels like sunshine atoll very good improvement i was wowed by the amount of small details which make a big difference you can actually tell where to go not like last this kinda bland but now amazing ,good effects on that no gravity one (thought shouldn't their be no gravity in space ??(ignore that))space level but the slight no gravity makes passing every obstacle a ease you can jump across everything!! and in fume shaft and some mathc leevls their is alot of cheap deaths (your running then you give a turn to the left *dead* go to the right *one second alive next *dead** very good improvements though

WHOA, when you PMed me the sneak peek, I had no idea you'd change it so dramatically in such a short space of time. A perfect follow-up to the FSZ1 track.

I'm getting pretty eager for AAZ music...

This time, I have nothing to complain about. It's immediately recognizable as the act 2 remix of FSZ1, yet it offers a new perspective on the tune. Great work!

Well I'm glad everyone likes it, I was a bit unsure about it at first. But then again, when am I not unsure of my songs?

Now I need to figure out what song to do next. I could finish AAZ2... But I kind of have a hankering to do SNZ or SAZ.

Steam Chat said:
Metal Rawr: Quote from SpiritCrusher: "Great work!"
Metal Rawr: WHO ARE YOU
Metal Rawr: AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Metal Rawr: WITH OUR BELOVED SPIRIT CRUSHING GUY

Charyb, was Big Shiny World was based off the chord progression to Paternal Horn, and Eruption Conduit based off the chord progression to Techno Hill?

So I'm still not really sure, Fawfulfan, how should I take the approach on this music? I've kind of never been sure about whether I should go for the Lo-Fi kind of thing that the current ST has, or whether I should forget about that. The reason I ask is because I'm at the moment making Sunshine Atoll Act 2, and I'm debating on whether to use Midi strings in it or not. :/
It wasn't a big issue in FSZ, because that was all techno-ish anyways...

Charyb, was Big Shiny World was based off the chord progression to Paternal Horn, and Eruption Conduit based off the chord progression to Techno Hill?

?
If they were, I wasn't aware of it. I don't give a crap about chord progressions most of the time, I just do what sounds natural. In the case of the Special Stage theme, yes, I was purposely imitating NiGHTS music, which has a very distinct sound to it. If I unwittingly used the same chords, it wasn't intentional. I don't usually pay much attention to which chords in particular I use, as I kind of hate that chord based mindset that I see in so many popular musicians.

Well, I wouldn't say using the same chords is unwitty, in fact it happens a lot unintentionally. It's not a bad thing either, if you thought I was implying that. I just thought it would be interesting if you purposely chose to build pieces off the same chord structures to create references to the original music. (Which, in a way, you did. Yay NiGHTS music :P)

As for describing music through chords, it's really just how a way of explaining how music works, and how it is built. I don't think it's something you should hate. Chordal knowledge is not required to create music, nor should it be called 'the best way' to create music. However, it is a useful tool that can be used to expand further on what you already know. If you don't mind, could you explain further what you mean by chord-based mindset and why you hate it? I wouldn't really say it's a popular music thing, many classical musicians study music theory and chord structure.

So I'm still not really sure, Fawfulfan, how should I take the approach on this music? I've kind of never been sure about whether I should go for the Lo-Fi kind of thing that the current ST has, or whether I should forget about that. The reason I ask is because I'm at the moment making Sunshine Atoll Act 2, and I'm debating on whether to use Midi strings in it or not. :/
It wasn't a big issue in FSZ, because that was all techno-ish anyways...
I'm not entirely positive how to answer that. If most of the current soundtrack is the lo-fi stuff, I'd keep to that for consistency, I guess. The standard SRB2 soundtrack isn't particularly fancy in that regard anyway.

Regarding that specific example: If Midi strings sound beach-ish, at least in the way you plan to use them, by all means go ahead.

There are some things needed to be fixed (you probly remember telling you this on my server). When my and my buds where on SNZ3, after they had beaten Eggman, I died and I kept on spawning right under the Egg Capsule. Like I said before, "It's not a big deal," but it wouldn't change my ways on how I like this mod if you change it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back