SRB2 CONTEST: Calling all texture artists!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still has issues with the tiling, when tiled it actually looks tiled... if you know what I mean... and the cracks don't look as great as the other one you did a while back.

Ehhh, I dunno how good these are, but something I made just browsing this topic:

cracked_desert_sand.png

cracked_desert.png

cracked_desert2.png

ok, i'm doing all my textures in paint, and is it limited to how many textures we can make?
Well maybe you could use this for some kind of roof Textures? like little huts?
rooftext1ro7.png

rooftext2gp7.png

or this wood texture?
woodbm2.png

or this sand?
sandcp2.png

sandgz0.png

While SRB2 does have 32x32 textures, the general consensus appears to be that the bigger the better (unless its ridiculously large). 32x32 textures will often either look really tiled (whether or not you are going for that) or are really tiny. I went through and while working on my textures I doubled the size of the sand flat twice.

On an other note I'm starting to finalize some of the textures I working on, maybe posting them on SRB2JAZZ to get some last opinions. However I'm still trying to come up with some new stuff for architectural stuff. I have a couple wood textures but I'm still not quite understanding what the architecture is actually supposed to look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back