Island Hop (Match/Tag)

How do you like the shipwrecks?

• Nice, you can go inside em.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh, they're okay.

• Personally, I hate them.

• Screw shipwrecks, where are the sharks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

After a few more hours of work on another map, I came up with this idea. And I guess the story behind it goes something like this:

A fleet of pirate ships were looking to plunder an ancient temple that was out at sea somewhere. They crashed and left their weapons and wealth strewn out across the islands. Your job: Squabble over the treasure! :D

Essentially this is an Auto/Bomb map, so your fights will be at close range, from island to island, in the underwater trenches, or even inside the shipwrecks themselves. I hope you all have fun with this one!

*NOTE* This replaces MAP96: Tree Ring Zone *NOTE*

Screenshots:

View across level:

Side island:

Close-up of center island:

View from center:

Download Link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0gpr4k

As usual, suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated.

Happy Hunting!

Auto-bombs do work. The regular match level Airborne Temple Zone uses them, and I have never had a crash or had others crash.

That part of the wiki is probably outdated... :|

I'd agree with you, but the the part of the wiki that he links says that the Auto-Bomb combination causes massive lag and crashes, which I know it doesn't.

As far as being overpowered, everyone has access to them, and at least I left rail rings out of the mix. :)

That would definitely be overpowered. :D

Jazz said:
As far as being overpowered, everyone has access to them, and at least I left rail rings out of the mix. :)

That would definitely be overpowered. :D
Actaully, all weapons/world of pain is overpowered. :razz:

[n00bish] This level is fun! I can add my muffin wad, jump on a ship, and be a muffin pirate! yarr! [\n00bish]
That is all.

this is a good map apart from the ring wepons are a little overpowering dont you think?

Nah, there are only 4 bomb ring locations on the whole map, and they're on either end of the map. If you're playing with any more than 2-3 people, there won't be enough weapon rings for people to have Auto-Bomb for any longer that 25-30 seconds. :|

Jazz said:
Nah, there are only 4 bomb ring locations on the whole map, and they're on either end of the map. If you're playing with any more than 2-3 people, there won't be enough weapon rings for people to have Auto-Bomb for any longer that 25-30 seconds. :|
Unless, of course, you are a person who turns item respawn to 1...

FSX said:
Jazz said:
Unless, of course, you are a person who turns item respawn to 1...
If you "recently" knew about it, that is.

I built the map assuming the normal item respawn times.

As far as people who set the respawn time to 1 second, they are usually noobs, who have to use this constant "overpowered" combo to do any damage to other players. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back