Megaman Legends 3 - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously this is really annoying, if they were unsure it would meet required standards they shouldn't have even started up the devroom for MML3. It would saved a lot of people the time and effort they put into contributing to MML3. It also wouldn't have IMO, as much backlash from fans. Anyways it seems that my hopes to at least participate in the devroom are crushed and that all that seems to be next for Megaman is ZX3 which already seems unlikely.

Leth-- er--Volnutt, my ally, you have failed me. I, Neme-- I mean -- Chaos Knux, have returned to take control. KHAZ--er-- CAPCOM! You have defied me for the last time... *destroys CAPCOM's te--HQ with a thought*

Off-topic: If you know what game I'm paraquoting in this post, and currently have ownership of a copy, I'd enjoy to start a subcommunity of it here Single Player only goes so far.

Inafune comments on cancellation.
To staff, he said, "The decision for the cancelation was out of my sphere, but as someone who took part in the development, I'd like to convey something to the staff: I'm sorry that I couldn't be of assistance."
For fans, he said "I'm truly sorry I couldn't take part until the end."
Inafune himself is included in the fan group. Even after leaving Capcom, Inafune continued to keep track of the game as a fan. "I didn't buy a 3DS for this project, but at the very least I'd like to have played the demo."

Wasn't the demo supposed to come out at launch? I'm sure it was ready but they decided not to release it due to the cancellation. I think they still should of gone with the release. We could play what was made so far and Capcom could make some extra money. (and regain losses from development)

Honestly, I never was that big of a Legends fan, but I can really see how this would make people upset. Having a game you like, no matter what is, cancelled just like that ids near unforgivable, and I for one won't be buying any Capcom products for aq very, very long time. At least not new.

I won't be missing out on much, anyway, since Capcom doesn't know how to make new things anymore. Actually, you know what? This whole stupid gaming industry needs to be destroyed and rebuilt by people who know what they're doing, because nobody knows what people actually WANT anymore.

Last edited:
Well. This might affect the sales of RE:Revelations, and other future Capcom games. I mean, I am dissapointed.

Pinkie_Pie_sad-(n1304570963350).jpg

MML1 was my first game, because my parents at the time couldn't get me a Playstation 2. I got it in 2002.

The reason sorta makes sense, you know.

The game probably wouldn't have sold well and Capcom realized this and canned efforts before it was too late. It's a smart move on Capcom budgetwise, but bad to the fans of MML3. It's a win-lose.

Altough most fans will probably forget this whole ordeal soon anyway.

Hey, guys. If any of you are at Comic Con and hoping to talk about Legends, you better be prepared. Rumour is that they're kicking out people who even dare talk Megaman or even come dressed as any of the characters. I read that a Tron cosplayer walked a little too close to the Capcom booth and a Rentacop was signaled to vacate her from the area.

EDIT: Capcom steps in......

http://twitter.com/#!/themmnetwork

Capcom Unity said:
We welcome all cosplayers to our booth at Comic-Con. Anything else you've heard is outright false.

Last edited:
Hey, guys. If any of you are at Comic Con and hoping to talk about Legends, you better be prepared. Rumour is that they're kicking out people who even dare talk Megaman or even come dressed as any of the characters. I read that a Tron cosplayer walked a little too close to the Capcom booth and a Rentacop was signaled to vacate her from the area.

Which is a rumor that came from 4chan. Capcom even made a statement about it.
http://twitter.com/#!/Capcom_Unity/status/94115858040881152
We welcome all cosplayers to our booth at Comic-Con. Anything else you've heard is outright false.

Am I the only one who is kinda... happy with this? Seriously, Legends isnt that good.
I'd love it if Capcom made MMX9 instead of another Legend or Starforce game...

Am I the only one who is kinda... happy with this? Seriously, Legends isnt that good.
I'd love it if Capcom made MMX9 instead of another Legend or Starforce game...

I'm not happy...I loved the first game. MML was full of rewarding exploration, with many small sidequests which were centered around exploring the mines. Finishing these sidequests gave quite the player quite a few rewarding items too. There were also several mini games which were fun and rewarding as well.
However, in MML2, there was almost no reward for exploration, the mini games weren't rewarding at all, and there were basically no sidquests. The few sidequests that did exist didn't even give the player any real reward. I felt like MML2 was rushed and unpolished in comparison to the first.
When I heard about MML3 I was hoping it would be a game that renew and improve on the spirit of the first game, but now I'll never know...

You want the honest truth? I've barely even PLAYED Legends. This is just another in a long, long line of stupid decisions from Capcom, and it's gotten to the point where I no longer feel comfortable giving them my money.

Let's review, shall we?
capcom-mistakes.jpg

Hey, Bob... They know you're mad. So they're here to announce something to cheer you up.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Hello-Kitty-X-Street-Fighter-Coming-2012-Capcom-Joking-33668.html

The headline says it all folks. This is not a joke either. Pretty soon a game is bound to follow but for now Capcom and Hello Kitty creator Sanrio have teamed up together for cross-branded merchandising between Street Fighter and Hello Kitty, with the first line of collectibles becoming available for purchase beginning in the fall of 2012.

Joshua Izzo, Director of Licensing, Capcom Entertainment commented in the press release, saying…
“Capcom has long admired Sanrio and their ability to create memorable and cherished lifestyle brands so it is a distinct pleasure to partner with them for this new cross-over line of merchandise,” ... “The combination of Street Fighter and Hello Kitty will offer fans a whole new way to experience our characters.”

Really? Man, I just never thought the day would come where I would be reporting on a Hello Kitty X Street Fighter crossover. I suppose a game would feature the Street Fighter cast as Hello Kitties, dressed in their classic garb? I don't know, the idea is borderline nightmarish...in a cutesy sort of way.

Jill Koch, Vice President of Brand Management and Marketing at Sanrio commented in the press release as well, just to make sure that people know that this isn't a joke, saying…
“We are always looking for new ways to surprise our fans and partnering with a strong brand-focused company such as Capcom is a natural fit for us,” ... “Hello Kitty and Street Fighter have a dedicated core following around the world and our collaboration brings the legacy of both brands together in a fun and unexpected way.”

I really thought we would have seen Street Fighter X Mortal Kombat before a Hello Kitty X Street Fighter but this sort of thing must be really sought after in Japan. It also makes you wonder what sort of finisher the Hello Kitty would have in a Hello Kitty X Mortal Kombat? The possibilities are endless.

Details on the merchandise, pricing and exact release date will be revealed at a later time. For now, you can rest easy knowing that come fall 2012, you, some fluffy pillows with ruffles, pink rainbows and Hello Kitty X Street Fighter will have a date with destiny.

Can't you feel the love, Bob?

That made me laugh so hard. Thanks for sharing this Greg XD

EDIT: Well Well, look what was just made. . .

This is a facebook page showing CAPCOM that we want MML3 and we are going to buy it if they release it. There was already someone at CAPCOM Europe that said we are doing a pretty good job at convincing them to finish the project and that it's worth it.

So please, show your support. If you don't plan on buying the game, then please still like the page for the sake of the people who do want it. What do you have to lose?

Eh I knew this was going to happen, just like that boycott of Portal 2 about a year ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back