The Lost Chaos Citadel (LCC.WAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiro Starr

Hey guys. Keiro here. I've been working on this number for a few weeks now. I'm still not finished it completely, so I'm releasing this beta to give you guys an idea of what I'm going for.

Still to do:
Add secret rooms for CTF bases.
Add destructable props such as newstands to hide powerful items.
Create "highway" for racing.
Get some more "ads" for billboards.
Insert Teleports for quick getaways.
Springs or teleports for fast access to rooftops.

All weapons rings and items have been inserted. The level is currently just Match and Tag, but soon I wll be enabling it for all modes.

Update Beta 2: I'm taking what D00D64 has told. I realized various map errors and I fixed them. This is still being updated, so expect cool things in future releases.

Download Linkage:
Beta 1
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/759LCC.WAD

NEW!! Beta 2
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/429LCC.WAD

Sorry for no screenshots. I'll get around to it.

For best multiplayer results, use a high point mark, because of high crossfire.

Last edited by a moderator:
umm....
ok?

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

i'm new XD
hehehe

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

this is my first wad that actually works hehe

[highlight]LINK REMOVED[/highlight]

what is this i dont even

But really, what kind of stage IS this?

Okay, so you are trying to do the whole "EVERY DAMN GAME MODE IN ONE LEVEL" type of thing. But here's the detail you're missing: THE IDEA DOES NOT WORK WELL. It could be done in theory, but levels are best done with specilisation in certain game types rather than being a Swiss Army map. Really, why would you WANT a stage to have all game types? Just to say you COULD?

Okay, right off the bat, I see forceskin Sonic is on. So I beg the question: WHY? This stage is clearly best played as Tails or Knux, as Sonic can't reach most buildings when he wants to! In fact, he cant GET BACK ON the buildings when he falls down! So either he has to be killed by someone, or wait for people to come down, or abuse one of the MANY teleporter monitors around, all of which were UNNECESSARY, and if the plan was to FORCE people there via teleport, it's a bad one. Just give us some springs on FOFs! Really, this just felt like you threw it all in a pot and expected to work itself. did you even PLAYTEST? Also, multiplayer Setup Player overrides Forceskin, making it pointless for multi. And whats with all the ammo? There's ammo for MILES! Why? Weapons should be EARNED, not just thrown out like candy. They are POWERFUL, and should be treated as such and placed SPARINGLY. And my GOD, there are TONS of rings EVERYWHERE, and NONE of them are Deaf'd (this makes them float. the Float flag is obsolete). How are you supposed to KILL someone?

The emerald hunt isn't even completable! You can get two at most, but either one is on a building where I couldn't get it, or stuck somewhere, or it just didn't spawn due to Emerald mode getting the Ax. Also, if you reset the stage, you cant beat it because only two can be picked up! Just cut out the SP emerald hunt, and SP entirely, and focus on one, MAYBE two game types. Also, if you were REALLY gonna do CTF, you MUST make it symmetrical or one team may have an advantage other the other. also, why the heck is the sky PAINTED ON THE WALLS? Really, the Thok barrier half on the INSIDE determines wall height, so keep that in mind. And last but not least, the MUSIC. Oh my GOD, the hell is this? Really, it sounds like you stuck a MIDI in a blender and called it a day. Really, I can hear SOMETHING familiar in there, but I think whatever song is in there is in PAIN. Hell, it didn't even LOOP well!

Look, I'll be blunt: this level is HORRID. And don't give me the "OMG ITS ME FIRST MAP" crap. MY first map (Sunset Town,Youtube playthrough link.) was actually somewhat decent. I worked HARD on it for WEEKS. It's no Botanic Sentry, but I loved what came out. Detail, good music choice, and fun gameplay. Arch's first level was fun too. It was short, but I loved playing on it, also for it's fun, detail attention, and music choice. The stage you made had NONE of these. Yes, I am being hard on you, but harshness shows how serious I am when I think this stage is awful. Remember, just because you tried hard does NOT mean you cant try HARDER.

One star outta me. And seriously either REALLY overhaul this map, or just chop it and start fresh with a new one. I can see what you were doing, but you SERIOUSLY need to practice and some more first. Try getting things to work first, but don't release maps unless you KNOW that map is ready for people to critique on. Anyone can make a good map, but this certainly ain't one of them. Good luck, you'll need it.

what is this i dont even

But really, what kind of stage IS this?

Okay, so you are trying to do the whole "EVERY DAMN GAME MODE IN ONE LEVEL" type of thing. But here's the detail you're missing: THE IDEA DOES NOT WORK WELL. It could be done in theory, but levels are best done with specilisation in certain game types rather than being a Swiss Army map. Really, why would you WANT a stage to have all game types? Just to say you COULD?

Okay, right off the bat, I see forceskin Sonic is on. So I beg the question: WHY? This stage is clearly best played as Tails or Knux, as Sonic can't reach most buildings when he wants to! In fact, he cant GET BACK ON the buildings when he falls down! So either he has to be killed by someone, or wait for people to come down, or abuse one of the MANY teleporter monitors around, all of which were UNNECESSARY, and if the plan was to FORCE people there via teleport, it's a bad one. Just give us some springs on FOFs! Really, this just felt like you threw it all in a pot and expected to work itself. did you even PLAYTEST? Also, multiplayer Setup Player overrides Forceskin, making it pointless for multi. And whats with all the ammo? There's ammo for MILES! Why? Weapons should be EARNED, not just thrown out like candy. They are POWERFUL, and should be treated as such and placed SPARINGLY. And my GOD, there are TONS of rings EVERYWHERE, and NONE of them are Deaf'd (this makes them float. the Float flag is obsolete). How are you supposed to KILL someone?

The emerald hunt isn't even completable! You can get two at most, but either one is on a building where I couldn't get it, or stuck somewhere, or it just didn't spawn due to Emerald mode getting the Ax. Also, if you reset the stage, you cant beat it because only two can be picked up! Just cut out the SP emerald hunt, and SP entirely, and focus on one, MAYBE two game types. Also, if you were REALLY gonna do CTF, you MUST make it symmetrical or one team may have an advantage other the other. also, why the heck is the sky PAINTED ON THE WALLS? Really, the Thok barrier half on the INSIDE determines wall height, so keep that in mind. And last but not least, the MUSIC. Oh my GOD, the hell is this? Really, it sounds like you stuck a MIDI in a blender and called it a day. Really, I can hear SOMETHING familiar in there, but I think whatever song is in there is in PAIN. Hell, it didn't even LOOP well!

Look, I'll be blunt: this level is HORRID. And don't give me the "OMG ITS ME FIRST MAP" crap. MY first map (Sunset Town,Youtube playthrough link.) was actually somewhat decent. I worked HARD on it for WEEKS. It's no Botanic Sentry, but I loved what came out. Detail, good music choice, and fun gameplay. Arch's first level was fun too. It was short, but I loved playing on it, also for it's fun, detail attention, and music choice. The stage you made had NONE of these. Yes, I am being hard on you, but harshness shows how serious I am when I think this stage is awful. Remember, just because you tried hard does NOT mean you cant try HARDER.

One star outta me. And seriously either REALLY overhaul this map, or just chop it and start fresh with a new one. I can see what you were doing, but you SERIOUSLY need to practice and some more first. Try getting things to work first, but don't release maps unless you KNOW that map is ready for people to critique on. Anyone can make a good map, but this certainly ain't one of them. Good luck, you'll need it.

Thanks for the criticism. I'll be sure to take your advice for future releases.

ION, bump for new beta release.

WOW... Just wow... One star from me. Rings bundled up together is not a good thing, spread them out more, and make them float. Some linedefs don't have textures it makes the stage look ugly! Have springs or elevators to get back on the buildings or something.

Oh god this level is horrible. Seriously, what the HELL were you doing? No deafed rings, forceskin Sonic, and Sonic can't even reach the buildings! And what the heck was up with the Emerald Hunt? Also, the weapons you just threw around are generally stupid. One star outta me for sure.

I have no idea how this got into releases.
NONE of the rings are deafed, most linedefs are broken, and the sky is just a wall with a sky texture on it.
I give it 1/10.

Standards change greatly over the course of a year -- do note that this was released mere days after the release of 2.0. Also, at the time, the author was around to actually update his mod, and presumably improve the quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back