I'm amazed at whats happened to the online

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWARMING WITH N00BS!!!!

I literally had a moment of silence at my PC after experiancing the death of my favorite online community

That's why FF and the gang go out to random servers and eavesdrop to see if they're breaking the rules or not. Of course, you can't ban everyone...

No, THS. A n00b is a person who always acts dumb and uses internet acronyms. Always. A newb is a person new to a game or community who doesn't act dumb. Eventually, newbs become regulars and elites. However, most n00bs are n00bs forever. Like a diamond. Unless they are given intervention.

If you wanna play netgames with people who aren't morons, join FF's netgames.
Also, why is this in off-topic? Moved.

I never see Flame the hedgehog, Sales, SMS, OR ANYONE like that online anymore.

I go into one server and the entire text box fills with

"OMG N00B, GT OUT N00B, WHO TEH R U, N00B BEGIN!!!"

yet ive been playing for quite some time now......I miss the old online

Honestly, online hasn't really changed that much. There's going to be new people, that's just a fact of life, but the games are still playing the same for the most part. The only big problems I've been noticing lately are people using SMS to get all 7 emeralds quickly and idiots flooding the chat in some netgames. RP/Hangout/Chat servers are dissappearing rather quickly, and more people are playing the game the way it's supposed to be played.

The problem I see is too many extras on the servers. Having changed up my ports to get into games, it comes as no freaking suprise that it's like that. People Like to use over powered wads with a single sprite to get all the good stuff and give it to everyone else just to pwn eachother. Where is the fun in that I ask you? WHERE?!

I wouldn't mind 2 or 3 extras, but you've got games that have over 30 and you just can't play in them!

I like Sykotic's point. It's no fun playing when everybody has a billion character wads and/or crappy level wads..
Not to mention, it's hard to join servers when you almost always need wadfiles that you don't have nor want.

That's the problem.

Noobs'll come in and say OMG WTF LOLZ YOU DONT HAVE HMS LOLZ U SUCK!

How can anyone expect me to patiently endure that? The answer is, I will not. I tried to make a server with no addons and a whole crapload of Noobs came in a started B***ing about no Shadow, Amy, Senku, etc. I can't stand it when people do that, because the whole Idea of the server was so that people could play a game with no addons. If they would ask if I could add it, I would gladly do so. Hell, I even TITLE the server "No addons, Just play!" Yet they still came in. My assumption from that point forth is that person (or persons) is either retarded, or unable to read. But then why are they on a computer >_>

But it's not a permanent Master Server ban, which you may be thinking of. It's a temporary ban to keep them off of your server. Server shuts down, so does the ban.

Well... I am kind of n00b because I am not very good in match mode. I prefer to play sp or coop. I have often laggs because there are sitting my two brothers behind the router, too, and playing SRB" online is very hard at the same time when one of them is playing WOW. :mrgreen:
So I just try to host hard coop-modes (mostly changed gameplay with socs I made myself). And it is true that there are many players asking for SMS or THS or other character wads, but I think it is not a big problem. Those are leaving very quickly when they realise that there is no ovperpowered character.

True. The best hosters are the mods and adaims and of course: Super Amy. Why you ask? Because she uses the underpowered char. and plays them in MR 4.4 and she is damn good.

ok. I got to go to school now. I'll be back around *shot*

Dark Warrior said:
But it's not a permanent Master Server ban, which you may be thinking of. It's a temporary ban to keep them off of your server. Server shuts down, so does the ban.

Crud. But it DOES keep them off throughout that current play time. I just like using the WADs that me and my pals design. I won't be hosting them anytime soon, because it's the overpowered stuff we design. >_>

We like Nuking things.

Anyway, yeah, we design WADs and we test WADs out since most of the character WADs I make are designed with Coop in mind. But the levels I make are usually CTF and Match mode. We only make WADs for the public. We're making our personal WADs in the current time however, straight from a Wired Sonic Base, so to use in our games.

*cough* I drifted off-topic there for a sec, but you get the idea. That's the only time we use WADs and since we usually have no one "Outside" our group in, there's no trouble. We only host three per game, a small enough number that anyone can Download things from a server. Hell, the most players we can have is in fact eight cause our comps are the suck ._.

Morph said:
Well... I am kind of n00b
FoxBlitzz said:
A n00b is a person who always acts dumb and uses internet acronyms. Always. A newb is a person new to a game or community who doesn't act dumb.

Huh. Not really. While you may not be a more "upper" user of the... "community", you sure aren't a n00b. You type with actual correct grammar, for one thing. And you are entitled to like any mode of SRB2 more than the other, you really aren't anymore of a n00b just because you prefer SP or Coop.

Now, if you are one of those people who like abusing 500 different overpowered character wads in one game, of course you would be a n00b. :|

Wait, community? What community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back