Level Design Contest - December Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

a441

Thanks to everyone who voted, the results of our biggest contest yet are now here.

Third/Second Place:
MAP09, Lunar Facility Zone by FuriousFox (7.5)
MAP10, Thunder Citadel Zone by Mystic (7.5)

First Place:
MAP13, Winter Valley Zone by Some guy (7.6)!

Congratulations to Some guy for being responsible for the new level of the month, edging out 22 competing levels!

In addition, SRB2-Playah's Ruined Fortress Zone (7.3) placed remarkably well for a first attempt, and Jason the Echidna's Illustrion Zone (7.0) definitely wins most controversial, being both loved and despised.

Full results (sorted).

Everyone who entered this contest is great. Nice work, all 18 of you! The contest wad will be showing up in the addons section shortly.

That sucks. That really sucks.
Do you know how much it sucks?
That some people give me a 9 and others won't even give me a 5?
I see some people don't have the ability to appreiciate "artistic value" and the need to use actual skill rather then just "run around shooting anything that moves".
But can we make a rule to keep "foolish people who don't know what they're talking about" from voting? No. So people like FireKid can give me a 3 just because they can't control their character while being hurled about by water. Freakin water. Whiney baby.

My next map is going to be even smaller and more controversial. Though there is no current in the water, there is a lot of vertical play at hand... And since it's a lot smaller, it is also a lot more complex. :lol:

Seriously... I get a 10 and three 9's and people give me a 3 and a 4... ... ... Wtf is up with that?

They have slow computers like mine? That's one reason that I didn't vote... I didn't want people asking me why I didn't vote higher for their maps.

It doesn't matter that your computer sucks: The netgames themselves all had lag due to crappy netcode and the fact that all the other contest maps were FREAKIN HUGE AND FULL OF USELESS JUNK. :evil:

Not mine... Mine was simple, and it scored low. Yours was complex and scored high. And, yours was 'freaking huge and full of stuff'. Not junk or useless, but it was full of stuff.

No, that was actually pretty tiny compaired to the others... My NEXT contest map will by really tiny and full of useless junk and tons of FOFs. Lag hell is pretty. :twisted: I will definately loose. Of course, I said that about Illustrion as well, but you cruel people got my hopes up.

You also got a lot of helpful advice on how to score higher next time, if you read the voting topic.

I was SURE I would beat Mystic's crappy... Oh, don't mind me, I'm still mad I lost because some losers couldn't see the fun of my level. Btw, I made sure that all lines were as uniquely angled as possable, so that even though it looks symmetrical, it really isn't in the least, as you can tell by playing it for a while.

Seriously JTE, just let it go. So someone didn't like your level, big flipping deal. Look at me, Diamond Duel placed near the bottom, and you don't see me complaining about how people didn't like it. If someone didn't like that level, you either say "Screw you" to them, or you do what they like. Simple as that, no big scene needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back