Impending Closure of Outdated Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Outdated Releases will be closed for new posting on April 1st, 2010. No, this is not an early AFD joke. 2.0 has been out for quite a while and discussion in this section is no longer necessary. Most major projects have been ported, and those that haven't have very redundant threads in here where almost all the posts are "Is this ported to 2.0 yet?".

None of the information here will be removed, but replying will be disabled so 1.X can finally die.

None of the information here will be removed, but replying will be disabled so 1.X can finally die.
Out of sight, out of mind, huh?

I fear 1.X will never die for good, because some people still prefer it, but this way, we at least won't have to deal with people bumping age-old topics for some pre-Releases-system junk.

Obviously, that's the main reason for removing replies. You would not believe the number of bumps this section gets, as well as people asking for files to be reuploaded when it clearly says in two different places not to.

O_O I think im going to kill myself. Seriously though, closing outdated releases will really make me sad. I mean, closing the outdated releases section is basicly erasing history! And if we do close it, i will download EVERYTHING in it!

Last edited:
Mystic, look what you've done. You are causing suicide by other members.

Ha ha, jokes aside.
I still would be nice if that some topics that are getting ported could be open. (SRB2Riders)

O_O I think im going to kill myself. Seriously though, closing outdated releases will really make me sad. I mean, closing the outdated releases section is basicly erasing history! And if we do close it, i will download EVERYTHING in it!
Just because the outdated section is getting closed doesn't mean they're going to erase the topics with it. I mean, just take a look at the OP:

I'm all for it. Keeping this forum open is pointless; I never go in it (except to do this, obviously!) The only worthwhile subjects that could be discussed here are upcoming portations of 1.09.4 WADs to 2.0.X, which could be discussed in Editing anyway.

If someone is going to do a port, obviously they will open a topic on Editing or Releases boards.

Eh, I don't care much, considering I've never been around at the time 1.09.4 was the current version.

*shot*

I'm nice enough that I'm gonna leave the 1.09 version of my character's download links up so they can still be active if people really want the old ones. I still kinda prefer them due to 1.09's more diverse character system than 2.0's, BUT I'll see how we go in a future update. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back