Super Sparkles for Super Forms! (supersparks.wad)

Snu

YEAAHHHHHHHHH
Originally stuffed inside Monitors Plus, I've decided to make this it's own, separate WAD!

Super Forms now have Super Sparkles using Mania's sprites to make them look even more badass and powerful! (They even have full brightness in the dark!)

attachment.php

This version fixes a lot of the glaring issues I never noticed while I was making the original script, so it's way more stable now in any situation. (You can see all the changes in the Changelog if you're interested) They even work with any character!

attachment.php

Including characters that have their own Super Colours! (Aside from Jasper he has his own particles.)

attachment.php

Additionally, Super players now always have FF_FULLBRIGHT, so they'll always be fully lit up in the dark!

Changelog:
V1.0.0:

Bugfixes:

• The Sparkles actually spawn correctly when their player is in reverse gravity (including Gravity Boots(yes this exists)) with their momentum fixed and everything.
• They also now correctly adjust their scale to match the player's, and their momentum stays too!
• One of the sprites originally used a Lime colour from the palette instead of Green on some of the pixels so they didn't change colour properly, that's fixed now.
• When you turned Super originally, the first sparkle was your skincolour. Thanks to Lat', this is now fixed!
• Also with Lat's help, the Sparkles now properly disappear in First Person so they now no longer block your view.
• When you die, Sparkles no longer spawn.

This WAD semi-works with Monitors Plus though, since the script is present in both WADs they'll spawn twice as many particles, so I'd only recommend adding one of the two for now.

Credits:

Lat': Helping me fix a problem with the Sparkles when you first turned Super and First Person fixes.
SAMMY_SWAG: Helping me originally with recolouring the sprites green.

Of course if you find any other bugs I possibly missed, be sure to tell me!

Attachments

• srb20260.jpg
    srb20260.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 6,530
  • srb20257.jpg
    srb20257.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 7,021
  • srb20325.gif
    srb20325.gif
    505.2 KB · Views: 25,132
  • supersparks.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 2,491
Last edited:
Nice! Maybe have a version where you could change the colour of your sparkles?.

To think I could still nutbust after seeing 2.2 and the new Mania Plus
The quality of this is AMAZEBALLS! (I assume it'll be in 2.2?)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back