How to use OpenGL in 2.0.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use 1.09.4's launcher and check the box for Opengl.
I have yet to find a better launcher. Even the Launcher linked below is outclassed by it.

Last edited:
*Is seen beating it with a stick*
Eh, Sorry, but the 1.09.4 launcher still has the "Ultimate" SRB2 Launcher beat. The 1.09.4 Launcher allows for quick adding of multiple wad files, the setting of sound options, allowes for using an alt exe, allows for a quick setup of a multiplayer game, makes joining by IP easier (You don't have to keep alt+tabbing), makes running in windowed mode as easy as clicking a check box.

And it even allows for manual parameters not covered by the launcher already. where as this is all the ultimate launcher can do.

And just so that you can see what I mean, here's the link http://www.mediafire.com/?lmzjte0myjn The executable is 136kb and the Zip is 45kb

(Note: I call it the 1.09.4 launcher because that's the version I got it with)

Actually, now that I think about it, this was the launcher that was on the main site during the 1.09.4 days.

Last edited:
Eh, I hope you do know that the Ultimate SRB2 Launcher isn't meant as serious competition to the real SRB2 Launcher. Also, I personally still prefer the SRB2Riders Launcher.

I use 1.09.4's launcher and check the box for Opengl.
I have yet to find a better launcher. Even the Launcher linked below is outclassed by it.
I tried using the launcher with OpenGL before, but I get two errors.

A WAD file was not found or not valid

File is corrupt or has been modified
C:\User\username\Desktop\SRB2\srb2.srb (found md5:
1f698dd35bcedb04631568a84a97d72b, wanted:
4d26f0d5ab5c5d7b4090367f95ea9f85)

The 1.09.4 Launcher allows for quick adding of multiple wad files,

-file wad1.wad wad2.wad wad3.wad wad4.wad

Pretty fast, if you ask me...

the setting of sound options,

-nosound -nomusic Done! No need to waste time moving your hand from the keyboard to the mouse, and finding some boxes to check!

allowes for using an alt exe,

I'll give you this one, Gadget. But next time... NEXT TIME!!!

allows for a quick setup of a multiplayer game,

-server -gametype X -warp XX

makes joining by IP easier (You don't have to keep alt+tabbing),

Why ALT+TAB when you can -connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx?

makes running in windowed mode as easy as clicking a check box.

-win
as in, FTW.

Use the -opengl parameter in a batch file or the TUSL.

Then I tried this and THIS error came up.

SRB2.SRB/SRB2.WAD not found! Expected in
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EX12.941, ss files:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EX12.941\srb2.srb and
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EX12.941\srb2.wad

Ill try that.

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

I tried using the launcher with OpenGL before, but I get two errors.

A WAD file was not found or not valid

File is corrupt or has been modified
C:\User\username\Desktop\SRB2\srb2.srb (found md5:
1f698dd35bcedb04631568a84a97d72b, wanted:
4d26f0d5ab5c5d7b4090367f95ea9f85)

Then this happens again.

Let me guess: When you downloaded 2.0.6, you downloaded only the EXE. Download the whole game again and replace the existing files.

Okay then,I will do that.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Thank you all for the help. Locking topic now.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

nvm. I dont even know HOW to lock it. But anyways. Thanks.

You know...we could really use an updated 2.0.X Net Launcher. Surely it wouldn't be that difficult...just change around the one or two settings that are now incompatible, like the color choices and whatnot.

Also, SSNTails, you might not care about the difference between console commands and total GUI control, but I do, and I think a lot of other people do. Yeah, I know that the Ultimate Launcher can do all these things, but (a) you have to remember all the desired parameter commands, and (b), it's a pain to type it all in manually.

Another thing: one of the reasons I liked the Netlauncher a lot was that it allowed you to browse for WAD files. If that feature isn't there, what's the point of it? You could just use a bunch of batch files which are configured to every combination of settings you like to use. Hell, you could probably make do with just a single batch file that loads your favorite settings. But WAD files are another matter; many people are always changing the combination of WADs they add in, and the option to browse for the files in a GUI is an invaluable tool.

Last edited:
You know...we could really use an updated 2.0.X Net Launcher. Surely it wouldn't be that difficult...just change around the one or two settings that are now incompatible, like the color choices and whatnot.

I was thinking the same thing, it would be so useful. . .

OO OO OO
Maybe with customizable skins too!
16.jpg

What? ._.

Uh...
"Maybe your computer could be crashed" message frights me

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Where can I find the MD2 models?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back