SRB2 Ports list (outdated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/LIST]
That happens when you build SRB2 with GCC 4.4. I guess Alam might have screwed up on that. =P
Sorry, I do not compile SRB2 with GCC 4.4, look:
Code:
alam@server:~$ i586-mingw32-gcc --version
i586-mingw32-gcc (GCC) 3.4.5 (mingw special)
Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Code:
alam@server:~$ i486-linux-gnu-gcc --version
i486-linux-gnu-gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Code:
alam@server:~$ powerpc-linux-gcc --version
powerpc-linux-gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 ()
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Last edited:
I was able to do a link between the PSP and the PC years ago when I tested it out for you on my "PSP Phat". Does the Slim or whatever you have not support that anymore or something?

If that is the case, I could try and install the stuff again and then try and send you debug logs and backtraces.

I got some good news for the PSP folks:

I have successfully set up the pspsdk, "psplink", and GDB. Since I rarely use my PSP nowadays, I haven't bothered to update the firmware from 1.5 and because psplink works on that, I can help Alam debug the crap out of SRB2PSP!

Here is the backtrace when it tries to load GFZ2 for those who want to see that I am not bluffing or anything: http://paste.srb2.org/view/635

Well. Time for good news and bad news....

Good news: I was able to give Alam the data that he needed and I was able to get all the way up to THZ2 on the debug build before near the end of THZ2, it crashed because it ran out of memory.

Bad news:
From IRC said:
[01:09:32] < Sonict > Well. That was interesting. To anyone willing to play SRB2 on the PSP... You will be lucky to even get DSZ1 working. Granted, I was running a debug build, but once it made it to DSZ1, the opening room was like 1 FPS. DSZ2, ACZ1, CEZ2, ERZ1 and 2 all refused to load because it ran out of memory

So yeah. You can compile the new SRB2PSP build from the trunk with the fix. Yes, the save game does save and load fine.

The real issue is that the PSP Fat has too little memory. Maybe it would work better on a PSP Slim, however, I doubt version 1.5 would work on it since PSPlink is designed for that firmware.

The real issue is that the PSP Fat has too little memory. Maybe it would work better on a PSP Slim, however, I doubt version 1.5 would work on it since PSPlink is designed for that firmware.

If I recall there was an Homebrew Internet Browser named "Netfront" that raised the PSP's RAM to a higher limit.

If somehow you could figure how to do that the psp might be able to run the levels properly.

Long time lurker, but I had to register to comment on this:

There is a version of PSPLink that works with the PSP Slim. I know because I used it on my slim to develop Kurok :)

Can't quite remember where or how, cause it's been a while since I developed on the PSP, but the ps2dev.org forums are a good place to search around.

If you get no luck, I can zip up the eboot I have on my memory stick and upload it for you.

Really? I know Alam or Logan have a PSP, but I dunno what version of custom firmware that they are running. It would be better if they could debug it themselves with GDB instead of me since I have very little knowledge of programming.

Anyways, In order for me to test other stuff, I need you guys to make me a small map with polyobjects and other stuff so at least, I can make sure that it would work fine on a PSP.

Well. Good news guys. I was able to help Alam debug the issue with the water effects crashing the PSP! Just a few minutes ago, I made a new build that is based on: http://trac.srb2.org/changeset/3904 along with a simple file edit in "screen.h":

Before editing said:
#if defined (DC) || defined (_WIN32_WCE) || defined (PSP)
#define NUMSCREENS 2
#else
#define NUMSCREENS 5
#endif

After editing said:
#if defined (DC) || defined (_WIN32_WCE) || defined (PSP)
#define NUMSCREENS 5
#else
#define NUMSCREENS 5
#endif

Here is the file: http://sonict.sepwich.com/Random_Stuff/SRB2PSP_Builds/SRB2PSP_r3904e.PBP

I don't know if this has mentioned yet or not but on the mac build, the SRB1 remake crashes the game after completion of Great Forest 1.

It looks like every time there's a new PSP build, it uses less frames per second. This time, I'm usually getting 0/20 FPS in GFZ1, although I'm using a PSP Phat to play this. But at least I can go underwater, and play SRB1 with no crashes. At least until I reached either Great Forest 2 or the zone after that.

Is it maybe possible to disable or 'remove' all multiplayer coding to help decrease memory usage?

It looks like every time there's a new PSP build, it uses less frames per second. This time, I'm usually getting 0/20 FPS in GFZ1, although I'm using a PSP Phat to play this. But at least I can go underwater, and play SRB1 with no crashes. At least until I reached either Great Forest 2 or the zone after that.

Is it maybe possible to disable or 'remove' all multiplayer coding to help decrease memory usage?

That wouldn't help memory usage, I'm afraid. All the used memory comes from the levels being loaded, as more complex levels are loaded, more memory is being used. SRB2 itself uses more than 7MB while in a level, with the rest of the level data taking more RAM.

Well I still remember loading 4.35 and 1.08 on a Win95 laptop, and the 4.35 version running more smoothly than the 1.08 version. Both were in GFZ1, and both levels had the same amount of Things. I guess I'm still pondering what exactly makes the 1.08 version take up more power. The same goes with the 2.0.0 PSP version, since the 1.09.4 version was able to go to THZ1.

fixed SRB2Mac

That happens if I run it from my PowerPC based Mac.

heh, I got off my lazy butt and fixed up my copy of libpng Framwork to work on the Framework subfolder... new build of SRB2Mac had be uploaded, it should work now for Mac OS X PPC 10.2.8+

heh, I got off my lazy butt and fixed up my copy of libpng Framwork to work on the Framework subfolder... new build of SRB2Mac had be uploaded, it should work now for Mac OS X PPC 10.2.8+

It launches now, but my widescreen monitor can't run most of the resolutions in fullscreen (Which is how I play), so I messed with the config file until I found which resolutions could play on my monitor full screen.

Two resolutions do, but they both flicker horribly, to the point of not being playable. Anything I can do about that?

The two resolutions are:

800x500 and 848x600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back