Most disappointing game 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Besides, you shouldn't have such high expectations of a game, or you're bound to be disappointed.
Which games did you have so much hype for, but then you played it and suddenly thought. "Wtf is this?"

Similar to my other thread, this thread contains 2009+2010.

SATBK
I was really expecting this game to be awesome. You see Sonic with a sword and him running through huge fields. Then you finally play and you notice.. you rarely run through fields. Maybe 5 seconds of "Woah, Sonic Team put icing on the cake again"

WarioWare:Showcase(DIY)
I was a little disappointed that the game didn't have a level editor, just 72 games built in with some DLC. Sadly you can't download other peoples levels. Unless they have you on their Wii Console. ****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxh-mgGTQtw&feature=related
It also looks lame compared to other WarioWare games.

Kingdom Hearts:358/2 days
I'm not saying this game is bad, because it isn't. Infact, its my favorite Nintendo DS game. There is a reason I was a little disappointed...

Ever since I sold my PS2, I wanted to play KH again. I then found out it was coming for DS. It even had multiplayer and worlds from KH I+II! I bought it when it came out. It was Kingdom Hearts II.. without the button mashing, insane combos and forms, and summoning. Pretty much KH II stripped and balanced. You also notice that the game only has a 6-8 worlds in it. Even one cut out due to space constraints.

Guess what? The Multiplayer isn't Wifi, what a huge downer! It also isn't DS Download play. Everyone I know is going to be like "omfg emo game" and won't buy it. -_-

Last edited:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I bought CoD4. Wonderful game. I heard great stuff about CoD2 and stuff, got into the beta for World at War (enjoyed that even more), bought WaW. Man, I was so hyped. This was the second coming of Christ, damnit, and nothing could ruin it!

Wow! Loads of new killstreaks! This is going to be interesting!

Yeah, well, sorry, they're horribly overpowered. The idea is there, but not the execution; the attack helicopter in 4 was scary enough without also being pinpoint accurate and as powerful as player's weapon.

Oh, hey, they're increasing the price for it? Eh... not that much, it'll still be worth it.

What? They're removing dedicated servers and replacing it with matchmaking? Are you fucking kidding me?

Well, come on, the game itself is what matters...

So, yeah, I bought it. All bright eyed by the new sights, weapons, maps... it wasn't too bad. At first, anyway.

Then people started ranking up, unlocking stuff. I saw how unbalanced everything was. Recoil is so low, firepower is so high... assault rifles dominate, and then there's the nuke. For God's sake, that nuke is stupid.

I thought I'd get a worthy sequel to a great game; instead, I got a laggy (matchmaking!), restricted (matchmakiiiing), hacked up (MATCH. MAKING.), hardly working (MATCH MAKIIING!), unbalanced (OMALOL, assault rifles in general, killstreaks) pile of crap with maps that are damn small (too chaotic, even for CoD), too complex (I spent a lot of time finding stuff to shoot damnit), and unbalanced (See: Estate and Favela and tell me one side doesn't have an advantage).

Did I mention the matchmaking? Oh, and a map pack on the PC costing money, of all things.

Oh, and despite all of this, no fucking demo. What.

MW2 has just taken a sheet of paper, writ down "It's shit unless proven otherwise", stabbed a nail through it, then hammered it into my forehead.

Counter Strike: Source

Hey, it's new to me, alright?

K. Recoil is random, the AK47 is overpowered as hell, random spread on the first shot is retarded, absolutely no way to gauge how far your shots are deviating by and if you're hitting at all (I later found the hitboxes are off, apparently), being bunny hopped somehow (right after I found that yes, jumping makes you so incredibly inaccurate, you probably just killed an alien president on the moon of Javaila 5 or something), only one game mode without mods, maybe other game modes other than deathmatch with mods, but the spawning system is abused to hell...

SRB2

I thought 2.0 would be the final release. Oh well.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
This.

Every single fucking word of it.

Everything, and I do mean everything in the game's multiplayer relies on the Rule of Cool to function. It makes things looks nice at first, until you actually start diving deep into it and you see just how truly bad and unbalanced everything is as a result.

Hi, One Man Army.
Hi, AC130.
Hi, Chopper Gunner.
Hi, Commando (Pro).
Hi, Heartbeat Sensor.
Hi, Ninja Pro.
Hi, Cold-Blooded.
Hi, TACTICAL NUKE.

I could go on for ages.

Halo 3: ODST.
Overpriced expansion pack, fortunately I didn't own Halo 3 at the time, but I feel only pity for those who paid full price for both this and Halo 3.

I heard good things about ODST's coop mode.

Modern Warfare 2, yet again.

Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City (City Folk)

I baught this because it was a new Animal Crossing game, and I loved Animal Crossing for the DS (Hey, I was addicted to it for 2 years, and I'm still going on and off it.)

But as this is, it's just an expansion it seems. There's nothing new, just the restriction of having to be near a console to play it. It just feels like an expansion instead of a proper new game. Which is why I always choose to play the DS version when I want to play Animal Crossing - The DS version I can walk around while using. -.-

Pokémon Platinum

I'm mainly dissapointed because the Slot Machines were removed. They were my favourite minigame. D: And having to do the entire game all over again wasn't fun either. I in fact stopped after finding out the slots were removed. :/

Modern Warfare 2:
I could go on and on about how this wasn't the best game of the year, it was a okay game, but the multiplayer on it just kind of shut me down from even trying to buy this game(Hence why I rented it).

Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce:
When I first heard about this i was excited, online mutiplayer in dynasty warriors? Cool! but then after playing the demo I was less excited about the game, the main officers just float around in their musou mode, and are almost untouchable and most of the officers are overpowered, although it was very hilarious to play as Meng Huo who wields a banana as his weapon.

Call of Duty: MW2 and next comes ODST. Everyone thought the game was going to be awesome and even so, my friends bought the game and thought it was amazing til a month later. When I played ODST, I only wanted the easy to get achievements.

MW2 on the other hand is just the worst Call Of Duty I have played. So much hype for a game that seems as if it had an entirely different gameplay. Tag knife really pisses me off. And didn't they say there would be no spawn killing? Spawn killing is even worse if you ask me.

I think it was obvious it was an alpha. Why would they release a final version on partnernet? It also looked buggy and the physics were crap....

Anyways, I found a certain section of SoulSilver to be disappointing.
There is not 1 thing to do in Kanto.

-Badges
-More Pokemon (Including the Gen I and III starters)
-Red
-Pal Park
-Technically, the Pokemon League is on the Kanto side.

The only thing Johto has over Kanto is the Battle Frontier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back