Epic Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the concept art.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xml...-rights-to-oswald-the-lucky-rabbit_13_02_2006

Wow.... We had clues leading up to this game since 2006. Wait.... Next year.

They've been developing the game for 4 years? Well... Now I want to tell SEGA off on their oh so brilliant plan of pumping out Sonic games out each year. It also makes me wish that Miyamoto had a hold of Sonic. It always seems like the biggest names make the bigger games.

I am really hoping Chernabog will be in this game. He'll fit right in, ether as a regular boss or a bonus boss.
I mean look at this:
Chernabog_fire.jpeg

(not game concept art)

It will be epic if he was in.
(If he is in already, forgive me as I am a little late to the party.)

Mickey's animations are great. I love how they made sure to stretch and compress him like the cartoon character he is.

I wish there were more influence of the earlier, steam-punk inspired concept art here. The dreary environments we've been shown so far are great, but are sort of what one would expect from a "dark" version of the Disney world, but this...
epic_mickey.jpg

...And this...
Epic-Mickey-Looking-More-Real-More-Amazing.jpg

...Are places completely unexpected, especially for a Disney property. I think these places would totally create that "mental whiplash" I described a few posts back. But I understand that kids will probably be the focused market of this game, and that there has to be a limit on how outlandish and scary the levels should be. I am infinitely pleased, however, that Mecha-Donald and (presumably) Mecha-Goofy got off the drawing board.

Also, this game wouldn't be complete without Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow making appearances.

Last edited:
I think the story is imaginative though, especially with Yensid (as GI says, spell it backwards.) having a portal that Mickey accidently stumbles through. Sure they toned it down, but it still seems like a great game, especially with the 2 tyoes of Mickeys you can become from choices.

I think the story is imaginative though, especially with Yensid (as GI says, spell it backwards.) having a portal that Mickey accidently stumbles through. Sure they toned it down, but it still seems like a great game, especially with the 2 types of Mickeys you can become from choices.

I really don't think that option is needed. Nowadays a vast amount of games have good/bad options that are usually just pointless and offer nothing of significance that the player could enjoy to increase the game's overall flow. Sure, you choose to be evil and consequences affect the gameplay....but this has been done countless times already. Mickey is a Hero and should be portrayed as one. We don't need another Fable, ShtH, Beowulf, etc.

Uh... Disney and Final Fantasy doesn't mix well either. But people still play it right?

Not so much Disney and Final Fantasy mixed together, but a Disney game with Final Fantasy fan-service in it. All original characters created in the KH series are owned by Disney.

Any who, I'm definitely looking forward to this game. The game's areas, models, etc. look like an artistic masterpiece. And Mickey's animations are so smooth, and full of life. Plus I love how they got Mickey's two ears to be always visible like in the cartoons.

Looks like I'm probably going to buy it the very first day it comes out.

I really don't think that option is needed. Nowadays a vast amount of games have good/bad options that are usually just pointless and offer nothing of significance that the player could enjoy to increase the game's overall flow. Sure, you choose to be evil and consequences affect the gameplay....but this has been done countless times already. Mickey is a Hero and should be portrayed as one. We don't need another Fable, ShtH, Beowulf, etc.
In some of those cases like Shadow, it is implemented improperly as a sort of gimmick. If it's done right, it does indeed bring a sense of variety or character. This project is after all being headed by the same man who brought you Deus Ex, one of my favorite games.

toy.jpg

How about something more along these lines? Arguably, Sid's toys would fit right into the whole "fractured universe" theme.

Well..... That's the thing. That's one of the reasons why I loved the concept art. It screamed Sid's Bedroom but really fricking demented. I'll tell you this: If they use these little guys at all in the game, there's no reason to go and forget the beautiful monstrosities from before.

I'm pretty sure its only borrowing from the classical Mickey universe.

I doubt they'll use Toy Story toys.

picard_facepalm.jpg

Seriously? Did I just read this? Especially after seeing a Beetleworx made from Hades' face, the Lilo and Stitch canons, and the Roger Rabbit Taxi car? No, they are going to fit in modern Disney history in here, but the chances of it being the actual characters is least likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back