SRB2 Metal Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metal Sonic appearing out of nowhere (he's generally not even mentioned anywhere, so I don't see a reason to bring him back, anyways) really won't make any sense story-wise, and I really doubt the possibility of a fun and working Metal Sonic boss.

Uh...Sonic 2? Sonic 3K? Sonic CD? None of those games have a plot reason for Metal Sonic. I see no reason why we'd need one either. He's just a good idea SEGA had back in the day for a boss.

Plot has NO relation to SRB2 beyond the opening cutscene. Why would that stop us from making an interesting boss encounter?

Well Metal Sonic appeared in SRB1 so why not have him in the sequel? And since when has the old Sonic games have a much larger story than "Eggman is collecting all the emeralds and you must stop him and free all of the entrapped animals he's enslaved"? There really isn't a huge story to this. Heck, Knuckles isn't even part of the opening scene, yet he's a playable character. And Tails just kinda appears out of nowhere next to Sonic during this scene. So really, you say it doesn't fit the story. My follow up question is "What story?"

Ermm... DoomShip is going to be scrapped? Why that? How is Sonic supposed to get to Egg Rock? He uses the DoomShip to get to it, according to the Zones on SRB2.org. Dark City to Egg Rock doesn't make sense in the first place. That MMZ and RMZ are scrapped is understandable, but not the DoomShip Zone, it's kinda part of the ''Story'' too. He used the DoomShip radar so he could locate the Black Rock.

In short, it doesn't need to be scrapped. At all.

Reason why it should?

I say that he's obviously going to be in it. There is quite enough proof (musics and pics) that he'll be in. Now in what zone will he be?
If we follow music-wise, he'll probably be Egg Rock Zone's boss since Metal Sonic's musics come after ERZ musics (I think). If we follow like where were the metal versions of Sonic from S2 to SCD, he'll probably be Doomship Zone's boss... But if what I heard is true -that DZ is going to be scrapped- then it can only be ACZ's boss.

Ermm... DoomShip is going to be scrapped? Why that? How is Sonic supposed to get to Egg Rock? He uses the DoomShip to get to it, according to the Zones on SRB2.org. Dark City to Egg Rock doesn't make sense in the first place. That MMZ and RMZ are scrapped is understandable, but not the DoomShip Zone, it's kinda part of the ''Story'' too. He used the DoomShip radar so he could locate the Black Rock.

Reason why it should?

Simple. Doomship = Egg Rock Lite
Basically, a small spaceship level. Why would we need an Eggrock with less gimmicks?

Also, if Eggman can stick a space shuttle in a PYRAMID, sticking SOMETHING to get to space in a city is no problem. 'Sides, the level progression makes little sense in all the other games anyways, what makes this so different?

Reason why it should?

Maybe because Egg Rock Zone stole what Doomship Zone might have had, if it hadn't been scrapped?

Why would we need an Eggrock with less gimmicks?

Maybe it should be a one boss act with Metal Sonic or something else, of course, that'd make the music for the level completely pointless. (I mean the Doomship music)

The old Midnight Abyss is a DoomShip themed level and a nice example for the level, low gravity and such.

OR they can come up with new ideas and textures.

Still, I wouldn't mind if it was in and without too much detail, like BMZ for now.

Last edited:
Maybe because Egg Rock Zone stole what Doomship Zone might have had, if it hadn't been scrapped?

Bingo!

I think we could make a fairly interesting and fun Metal Sonic boss... just like Black Eggman, we don't need to follow the standard crawla "chase at the player" AI.
IIRC, the plans we have on the table don't even require you to physically hit him.

Now, if we had a full spriteset...

I thought of a Metal Sonic boss which includes an SA2 styled battle themed off Shadow's second fight. I started creating one, but I failed completely. XD

It would be interesting to see how this boss turns out. I've always like metal sonic, but hardly any games use metal sonic as a boss (Sonic Heroes doesn't really count because your versing Metal Overlord and not Metal Sonic).

I don't see how Metal Sonic can even be executed. The bosses we have now, even after tons of fixes, are extremely basic and the AI isn't smart. I simply can't imagine an epic battle against Metal Sonic.

They could always do the awesome Metal Sonic Race.

It wasn't "awesome" if you're constantly tripping over badly placed Spikes and hills.
That would actually be very possible, but Tails and Knuckles would be at an extreme disadvantage.

If Doomship Zone is made, Metal Sonic flying around would make some interesting scenery, and it could be a clever hint as to what's next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back