Any way to reduce sensitivity for this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willstolife

I'm using a controller and it's hard to control the character at times. Where in the setting is how you reduce the sensitivity for this?

Not as far as I know, at least if you're talking about turning/aiming.
Personally I'd suggest trying analog mode, it doesn't make a difference for first person aiming and shooting but it might help for singleplayer and platforming.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that analog mode is being removed for 2.2. If you want to get used to certain control scheme long-term, I'd probably stick with FPS controls. If you're just using a controller for fun though, analog mode is great!

You can adjust the mouse sensitivity in the Options menu, under Setup Controls --> Player 1 Controls --> Mouse Options --> Mouse X Speed + Mouse Y Speed. Unfortunately there's no way to change the sensitivity of the actual character movement without making a separate character wad.

Turning with a controller is bad and impossible to modify, I highly suggest using a 3rd party input mapper like XPadder and setting up the analog sticks to the mouse manually, in which THEN you can mess with mouse sensitivity setting like Lach mentioned earlier.

Well, that sucks that the analog is being removed. And that joystick sucks on this game, since that's what I prefer than keyboard, since I don't know much of the controls and it hurts my fingers more.

So yeah, I'm gonna go with Sapheros and see if Xpadder would help.

He got that from discussions on the official SRB2 discord, where I mentioned offhandedly I'd removed analog mode from the menu. It's not gone - it's still possible to use the console to activate it, for those truly stuck in the mud - but it's definitely not what we want to encourage new people to play with.

Thank goodness, I thought I'd have to exclusively use keyboard and mouse from now on *shot*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back