View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012   #26
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Honestly, I don't think the rewards are the problem. The OLDC has essentially had no real reward for its entire existence, yet we've had plenty of awesome contests with tons of maps and lots of quality content. I think lack of personal motivation is the problem and I really don't think anything I can do or say is going to suddenly turn things around and get old and new members alike to want to spend actual, real effort making maps again. Spazzo's suggestions reek of the pep rallies they forced me to go to in high school, where they stuffed everyone into a room to try to make us pumped up about how awesome school was when in reality all they were doing is making me resent the building MORE.

There are things we could possibly do to make the OLDC more appealing, but at the end of the day, there simply aren't enough people interested in spending more than two hours making a stage anymore. If you care so much about this, go make a stage! Start right now, so you have plenty of time to refine your stage into something awesome. That is the one thing that will solve this problem, and there are no substitutes for the solution here.