• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

MetallixProjects(ZOMG! Post something already!!!=()

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTE: Updates will now be featured on my last posts in this topic...
Me-drone.wad: Finished
E-metallix.wad:Post-poned
TMTOSRB2: Progress Pending
MechaSonicMKIII.wad: Painfully progressing at a very slow rate because of a lack of inspiration and cooperation.
H-MetalSonic: Pending
Current Event:
Remember those metallix fancharacters I was thinking about making? well now I am actually beginning to start making them, and for those who don't remember, I still have my mostly uncolored pixel art of them.
mkmechasonicsga9.png

NOTE: I'm up for any ideas, help, advice constructive criticism, suggestions, or intelligent conversations, involving my wads, and my mod. I would also appreciate seeing some replies, because I can't always read your minds...
Edit: Further updates will be posted on my last post if there are any...

Sorry, random recolors all over a pictures that were stolen and ruined from SEGA aren't nice.

Hey! That's not nice! The cosmechas were my idea! And so were the metahovas! And I defy you to find the supposed sega merchandise that those metahovas were as you say recolored from.

It's still not good. All you did was paste a bunch of sprites around that one big pixel art thing.

Re: E-Metallix,EM-Drone, Mecha-S.wads and TMTSRB2. (in progr

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
I have put together a one or more page example,
Key word here is example, it is not going to be the one in the mod, sheesh I still have a headache...

Come on guys, don't you think we're above complaining about recolors?

Also, any proof of concept in SRB2? I hate to rain on your parade, but the editing section is proof of concept and the discussion therein. And while you may say your page-stretching images are proof of concept, what can we really say about your images that would keep this topic alive? Wouldn't you rather show some sprite work? Unfinished wads? I mean, really now...

Ah, how I love intelligent conversations, my answer to this is, that those sprites in the single image were all sprites that I am currently working on, and I am probably just too lazy to wait for image shack to load over 50 images for me, so I put them all together and called it an example of a cutscene.

Actually, BlueZero, we have plenty of proof he's working on something. The unfinished wad you're looking for is in the character section.

Yeah, but his cutseens were pretty quick, and not too often. But SRB2 really doesn't need cutseens, except, maybe, to explain some final boss.

Ok, and to advance on topic, can some-one judge which one of these three "ragdoll" sprites which I spent hours on to make it look like yet not like mecha sonic, yet at the same time be a super form of a markIII version of metal sonic, crossed with a demented pyromaniac football player wearing rocket shoes, looks better than the other two?
experimentalqk6.png

And no they are not all the same...

Note: Original Mecha Sonic sprites are Copy-Right by the Sonic Team franchise,I do not own, nor do I claim to own any of the Sonic Team franchise, and, as of such, do not expect, nor want any credit for any such creations inspired to me by the afore-mentioned sprites, and therefore, am not accountable, accusable, nor liable of stealing, that is all.

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
Note: Original Mecha Sonic sprites are Copy-Right by the Sonic Team franchise,I do not own, nor do I claim to own any of the Sonic Team franchise, and, as of such, do not expect, nor want any financial credit for any such creations inspired to me by the afore-mentioned sprites, and therefore, am not accountable, accusable, nor liable of stealing, that is all.
Here's the update on my MechaSonic MKIII, Codenamed: CosMecha Sonic.
plays5yp6.png

Well what do you think?
Note: I am having trouble deciding how I should do the angled sprites, any ideas? Also note that my main problem here is that I hadn't thought of what the other angles of the normal rocket shoes and the super rocket shoes would look like, same thing for the torso, so if anyone can help me figure that out I'd really appreciate it...*starts banging head on desk*...

Uhhh... Excuse me...? What exactly does THAT mean?

(note: Don't worry, I haven't lost my temper...YET! It only took 5 or more hours to get the shading, the outlines, the hands, the rocket shoes...)

If you want to see the difference between this and the original I'll show you...
Compair and contrast mine with the original, to help you do this I have cut both sprites in half, and pasted the other to the opposite...
compairandcontrastmh4.png

Edit: Whats This? Nooooo! They almost look symmetrical! No! I've come too far, and lost too much time to give up now!
Edit: Edit: I feel like I'm trapped in a soap..."Shot"
EDIT: Edit: edit: Sheesh, when I first brought up the idea of the mk mechasonics you guys ate it up like a bear with honey...*SHOT*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back