[Open Assets] [Script] Lost World Overhaul: Super Rings, Sounds, HUD +more! (lostworldoverhaul.wad)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrickyTex

Community croc enthusiast.
After a few days of countless hours of scripting, I present to you:
Sonic Lost World overhaul for SRB2!
This is made to emulate the hud of Sonic Lost World on Wii U and PC.
It also has rings, custom ring sparkles, super rings (Thanks to Larztard), and sounds!
The rings and super rings come from Sonic Runners, and the graphics cover the CTF rings too. The Super Rings also replace the ring monitors and can be toggled off with:
boxestorings 0
Super rings also respawn. You can adjust time time with:
respawnsupertime <time in seconds>
to opt in to always showing the HUD, use
lwhudshow <1 or 0>

Press Toss Flag to bring up the HUD if you need to see it for whatever reason.

The screenshots down below are outdated. Will update soon when I push out the new update.

Sparkles the rings make and the 10 animation from the super rings were made by me.
Flicky code from Lat'
Most of the sounds were taken from Sonic Runners, and the ring sound engine and hud were coded by rapidgame7 and myself.
Code for the ring to monitor was provided by Sapheros, and most of the Super Ring code was provided by Larztard. Run sounds code from Demnyx's modification of Tamkis' run_sfx.wad Thank you, everyone!
Known Issues:
CTF and Match throw a chunk of errors. For now I cannot figure out why.
To come:
More sounds!
Colored sparkles for team rings and weapons.
Resprited numbers.
An optional run button.

Attachments

• srb20047.gif
    srb20047.gif
    304.5 KB · Views: 1,924
  • srb20048.gif
    srb20048.gif
    4 MB · Views: 2,497
  • srb20049.gif
    srb20049.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,623
  • srb20050.gif
    srb20050.gif
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 1,345
  • srb20012.png
    srb20012.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,665
  • srb20013.png
    srb20013.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,215
  • srb20067.gif
    srb20067.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,280
  • lostworldoverhaul.zip
    1 MB · Views: 1,649
Last edited:
Nice to see this finally out. Really like what you did with the fading in and out of the HUD. I didn't know anyone could fade HUD objects like that so smoothly.

This is awesome. In order to make it more complete, I thought of some things that should be added:

• Lock-On Homing Attack (Multi version not neccessary)
  • More animals rescued from the capsule
  • Voice clips
  • An Aquatic Ambiance

I also found a bug where if I bounce off multiple enemies, it registers as more animals being rescued.

Last edited:
This is awesome. In order to make it more complete, I thought of some things that should be added:

• Lock-On Homing Attack (Multi version not neccessary)
  • More animals rescued from the capsule
  • Voice clips
  • An Aquatic Ambiance

I also found a bug where if I bounce off multiple enemies, it registers as more animals being rescued.

I'll add more as time goes on. As for the "bug", it's intentional. The animals multiply in combo chains.

I love the new HUD, but in a lot of these images it only shows portions of the hud, can I choose to have the whole HUD on screen at all times?

tap your toss flag or stand still.
EDIT: Oh you meant always. I'll add a command for it soon.

This is gonna be pretty cool. I like the suggestions your getting, but I just hope you can add in a run button for that extra lost worldness. (I'd also love to see parkor, but I can see why that wouldn't happen)

Considering how 1-ups work in SRB2, while possible, it could barely be compatible with the whole vanilla cast.

Update

Changes:
When the ring counter is at 000, it flashes red.
The 10 from super rings no longer go flying if you use a ring shield to grab them
A minor bug where the normal ring's sparkles would get stuck on vertical moving FOFs was fixed.
NiGHTS mode ring support.
NiGHTS rings now display the new sparkles.
Widescreen alignment.
New lwhudshow cvar. If set to 1 or true, the hud will never fade.
New icons ripped straight from Lost World!

Now working on a new update for the wad. I've already re-sprited all of the numbers to make them look better, and I've added more sounds.

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

You may want to mention that the screenshots are outdated in the OP, if you don't opt to update them.

Updated the OP with that info!

Finally remembered my password. lmao
Thanks to Jimita, I finally have something new to show!
BeujVv9.gif

High resolution fonts! The update isn't done yet, got some touches to do. But sounds and other things have been overhauled as well.
rGe5IUQ.gif

Like the ring sparkles for instance!

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

pSgN7rV.gif

Forgot to show this as well! The outline changes colors depending on skin!

Nice! I feel the hud elements could do with being just a bit smaller however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back