SRB2 Demo 1 (SAGE 2000 Prototype)

So far I do have them all sorted out, what's going on right now is I'm converting them to work with 2.1.20.

With the exception of the Character wads as I'm very sure they're lacking necessary frames for 2.1

So far I do have them all sorted out, what's going on right now is I'm converting them to work with 2.1.20.

With the exception of the Character wads as I'm very sure they're lacking necessary frames for 2.1
Well, that was quick! Looks like progress is being made pretty fast.

To be honest, I would've been fine having just the original WADs, but the fact that all of these historical maps are being ported to v2.1 makes me even happier. Many thanks to you and SSNTails for doing this, and I hope everything goes smoothly!

I just found some more stuff. Will be passing it onto glaber to process.

To tide you over...:

pre00.jpg
pre01.jpg
pre02.jpg

Those screen shots look like they somehow predate the Halloween Tech Demo. and that tech demo still has remains of the hud in the screenshots.

Last edited:
Will there be release options for those that'd want to use contemporary executables for the most authentic experience?

I'm not amongst those numbers, but I can see the concept being desirable.

I just found some more stuff. Will be passing it onto glaber to process.

To tide you over...:

(stuff)

Are these screenshots from the White Glove Diaries? Also I hope the original wads/exe? are released alongside the 2.1 ports.

Will there be release options for those that'd want to use contemporary executables for the most authentic experience?
I want to second toaster's question. Though I do want to play with the proper old exes just to see it how it all looks/would have looked.

Question for everyone interested, the first pack of dev levels have 7 duplicate test special stages (Special11-17) and 9 duplicate test emerald token stages (Special01-09). Would you want all the duplicates converted, or just one of each?

Also I must mention that some of the wads in this first pack don't have a fully compatible version of SRB2 for their version of origin. One of the maps is actually a Doom Legacy Map and thus, until the conversion, had no compatible SRB2 version (LGDM01).

Another, and my favorite of the bunch so far (ECLEVEL+ECGFX), had a custom pnames lump and textures lump that I could not find a matching version of SRB2 to go with it. The only version I could get to run it without a missing texture crash was demo 4.

Now to show you a little of what to expect from this first pack, I took a few screen shots.
zlGSQ1e.png

IfyyFIk.png

emALOpV.png

FGyXhpo.png

nvgaXJ3.png

Boy most maps look like they're still structured like Doom 2 maps, also is it legal to use assets from the Doom 2 IWAD and put them on a fangame mod for free ?

If necessary, I believe I can pull replacements from Freedoom. The map that uses the Doom textures was never intended for SRB2.

Question for everyone interested, the first pack of dev levels have 7 duplicate test special stages (Special11-17) and 9 duplicate test emerald token stages (Special01-09). Would you want all the duplicates converted, or just one of each?

Also I must mention that some of the wads in this first pack don't have a fully compatible version of SRB2 for their version of origin. One of the maps is actually a Doom Legacy Map and thus, until the conversion, had no compatible SRB2 version (LGDM01).

Another, and my favorite of the bunch so far (ECLEVEL+ECGFX), had a custom pnames lump and textures lump that I could not find a matching version of SRB2 to go with it. The only version I could get to run it without a missing texture crash was demo 4.

Now to show you a little of what to expect from this first pack, I took a few screen shots.
zlGSQ1e.png

IfyyFIk.png

emALOpV.png

FGyXhpo.png

nvgaXJ3.png
I guess one of each would be fine, if it means saving you some time.

By the way, are you going to include these levels in SRB2 The Past once they're all converted?

I do want to include them, however I will be leaving some of them out too.

Especially the one that uses the doom textures (wasn't made for SRB2), the Mystic Realm development maps (belong to Mystic), and some clear duplicates with barely any changes from each other.

Got all the Doom 2 Textures replaced with Freedoom textures.
g9dNtX8.png

OeWypmh.png

EDIT2
Well, Dev pack 1 is ready, however I'm waiting on word from SSN Tails on weather or not I can release the originals along with them.

Last edited:
EDIT2
Well, Dev pack 1 is ready, however I'm waiting on word from SSN Tails on weather or not I can release the originals along with them.
Huh, I wonder why it's taking this long. I know it's only a day, but I'm pretty sure SSNTails has been active recently. Well, I'm pretty excited to see what you and SSNTails have in store, and I hope you can get a response back from him soon.

Well I assume SSN Tails has a Job and has to attend to his family too
I'm an impatient jerk sometimes and I hate it. Sorry for not considering that.

Thank you and SSNTails for releasing this, though, and I'll edit the post if I have anything to say about it. I hope everything goes fine with the next pack, if there is going to be one.

Edit: Tried it out. This is amazing.

I never thought we'd be able to see something like this. So many unfinished but beautiful levels that nobody else but the developers have ever seen.

I've tried pretty much all singleplayer levels so far. My favorites would have to be RSPEC2, Knothole Base 3D, the SAGE 2000 version of DSZ1, and the two THZ2 prototypes. I've also looked into the character WADs, and now I'm really tempted to convert Earless Sonic (Sonikku) to v2.1.

If it's okay with you, I may see if I could merge all of the singleplayer WADs into one big WAD sometime soon.

But once again, thank you for converting these maps to v2.1, and thank SSNTails for making this possible in the first place.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back