EarthWorm Jim 4 - Confirmed for Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy and sad at the same time. I am sad that the animated series is being canceled, but happy that he is concentration his works on one thing and that thing is a new game (at least I hope it is new and not another rehash).

Tin-nipples is doing the sequel? I thought it was being done by just GameLoft.

I guess that makes two successful Genesis revivals coming out. The other being everyone's favorite blue rodent.

Sparkster, of couse.

I'm actually the guy that submitted this story and spoke to Mr. TenNapel, so I'll clear some things up.

- Mr. TenNapel didn't actually comment on the animated series. He just said that the feature film was dead.
- He specifically named Wii as the platform for EWJ4, after commenting on how Interplay wanted to do a quick-and-dirty release to make some fast cash; Mr. TenNapel objected to this and only agreed to move the project forward if it was given proper treatment. That was when he mentioned Wii as the planned system.
- Could he have meant WiiWare? Maybe, but his insistence on doing a proper game with Interplay seems to negate that possibility.
- No mention of style (3D, 2.5D, etc.) was made.
- No mention of whether the game was in production or the planning stage was made, either. This could be a 2012 release for all we know.

Hope that clarifies some stuff.

Noticed this comment on the website, not sure if he's telling the truth or not though...

Anyway, I was never a fan of Earthworm jim but i might give this a try...

Well, I don't see how people under 21 are going to understand who the hell Earthworm Jim is, because the character and series is anciently dated. But small groups of young people like myself know about this cool game and franchise. I for one am to say "freaking awesome" in response to this news, really, I love Earthworm Jim.

Last edited:
Yes, Metal Knux.

There was some misinformation. There was no comment on the animated series, but the feature film is dead. I'm just going to assume the AS is dead. :p

Well, Earthworm Jim is getting a DSiware enhanced port. So, that did spark some interest.

Well, I don't see how people under 21 are going to understand who the hell Earthworm Jim is, because the character and series is anciently dated. But small groups of young people like myself know about this cool game and franchise. I for one am to say "freaking awesome" in response to this news, really, I love Earthworm Jim.
I know who Earthworm Jim is. And I am 13 years old.

I know who Earthworm Jim is. And I am 13 years old.

I liked (not loved) Earthworm Jim 1 when I played it when I was maybe 3 or 4. My brother and sister allowed me to use the Sega after I was born. And its STILL working fine. I didn't know there was a Earthworm Jim 3...? I was reading in one of my Nintendo Power magazines that was talking about upcoming Sonic 4 and Earthworm Jim 1 to be ported to DSi, so when I read it, they said they may make a or some Earthworm Jim sequels depending on how the fans feel after playing EWJ 1.

Last edited:
Looks like the person that had the original chat with Mr. TenNapel must have gotten some facts wrong. According to Doug, Earthworm Jim 4 is not confirmed at all.
"I need some real press source to straighten out these rumors. I read the initial post by the guy who put up the drawing I did for him and almost NOTHING in the post he wrote was true. I'm getting piles of letters asking me to confirm or deny the post and from what I've read it's total disinformation. Interplay actually wants to do the game right! We've been talking about a game now for two years. They want me to be involved, but times in games are tough right now for everyone. They have to raise a lot of money to fund the game properly. So the way the guy posted it as Interplay wanting to do a rip off game is flat out false. In our early discussions about the game, we had tentatively brainstormed ideas for the Wii," he continued. "That is NOT a confirmation like the guy posted. We haven't presented the idea to Nintendo and all of what the guy posted in the article could actually jeopardize a real EWJ game coming out on the Wii, by Interplay involving me!" - Doug TenNapel
I don't understand how the original source could have gotten it so wrong. At least TenNapel confirms that he did meet up with the original person, and do that autographed drawing for him.
Check out the full statement here

Oh shi-... Our hopes...

As sad as I am to hear this, I really was expecting it. See, Interplay's been pretty much on life support since like... 2002, and I really doubt they even have anybody working for them anymore. I wish they'd hurry up and sell the rights to somebody who could do something good with the series, but I can't think of anyone in particular.

Earthworm Jim 4 is coming, but its just not confirmed for only Wii.

They are making a remake for DSi, so thats some extra money, plus a port to consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back