My computer has a BAD virus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my processes, two keep popping up, D.exe and msa.exe. They block all my antivirus programs and searches on how to fix it! My question: how do I start safe mode? I'm running Windows XP Home and I'm really desperate right now!

Whats with the sudden amount of viruses?

How I get into save mode is. Push the power button to end the process unexpectedly. Then turn it on. Windows will tell you it had problems turning it off BLAH, go to "start windows in safe mode" And there you go.

It might also be in boot options when you turn the computer on. But I'm not sure.

The problem is that everyone is using Windows XP still Autosaver. No amount of patches and updates from Microsoft is going to save that system, because people know it inside-out.

The proper way to start safe mode on any Windows version is to hold the F8 key right after the BIOS screen and in to the Windows start up.

Thanks for the help, but my computer is basically totaled right now. It has completely locked me out and prevented me from changing anything and won't let me run Malware Bytes no matter what. I think I'm looking at a reformat now. >_>

Need I say Vista or 7? The only thing keeping me away from them is crappy support of my graphics card. The drivers for it suck. I've upgraded my Brother's computer to Vista though, because for some reason, with XP it's always been unstable and very vulnerable. And I noticed a stability increase with Vista believe it or not (After about 3 re-formats and re-installs of XP, mind you.) >_>

No amount of patches and updates from Microsoft is going to save that system, because people know it inside-out.
That's just poor reasoning, and it's missing the point. You're speaking as if it's impossible to run XP securely, and that could hardly be further from the truth. I'm doing it right now. Whether people "know it inside-out" has little meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back