• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

NIGHTS.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizeman

u have my permission to die
Hi I'm posting alot (even though I'm still a noob) any ways I'm making a nights wad (and no its not a character) screen shots:

that's all i got so far when tell me what you think! :D
EDIT: WHY AREN'T MY PICS SHOWING UP?! D:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even know what it is you're doing to generate those massive, maaaaassive strings of text that you are putting in the image tags, but stop it. To put an image on the MB you have to upload it somewhere else, and then put a direct link to it in image tags.

That said, you need something to show for this wad you're making, so if you don't get some screenshots or a beta wad up here or something, this topic will be locked.

so, where could I upload them

EDIT: EVERY TIME I TRY IT DOESN'T WORK!!!
g7gvy
so I'm just giving a link

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/g7gvy
hd67ej1cr

Last edited:
I need a bit of help I have a lot more sprites but, I don't know the names of the regular flying sprites. If some one could tell me i would love it.

The NiGHTs supersonic flying sprites are in soar.dta and are prefixed SUPE, while the drilling sprites are in drill.dta and are prefixed NDRL. You can open either of those files in a lump editor such as SLADE3 to see which frames are which, but you may want to mark the files as read-only in windows first(right click, properties, "Read-only" checkbox) so that you don't accidentally change them and prevent SRB2 from being able to start up.

Help

I've got 75 percent of the sprites done, but they all have a blank face like this:
hfouw.jpg
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/hfouw
and when I try to make them smile it ends up looking weird if some one could help that would be epic
EDIT:I fixed it. :D

Last edited:
Judging by your incorrectly linked picture, your "sprite" is traced. And rather poorly at that. Not to be harsh, but it could honestly be a lot better. There's also a lot of pillow shading. Try and create a defined light source, for starters.

Judging by your incorrectly linked picture, your "sprite" is traced. And rather poorly at that. Not to be harsh, but it could honestly be a lot better. There's also a lot of pillow shading. Try and create a defined light source, for starters.

again as i said before it's still in the BETA stage when it's done it will look a ton better only problem so far is the blank face thing once that's done it'll be all done shading and all.

Then you should post a sample work with correct shading so that people can see what it is you have going.

You can't post something in order to get feedback and then say "Well it's in beta!" when you actually get the feedback. Post something that shows that you've already dealt with the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back