2.0 Special Stages

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluggard

Formerly "RomioTheBadass"
After I saw Demo 4.35 Special stages ported by Goldenhog I thought why not do the same for 2.0 Special stages, Now Don't let NIGHTS Special Stages constrain your abilities, Play with any character you want, that's it.

Also included the old 2.0 Emerald Sprites, Thanks to Prime 2.0 for mentioning this.

Known Issues:
Due to a bug in SRB2, some special stage HUD elements are mis-aligned on non-green resolutions.

Attachments

• srb20073.jpg
    srb20073.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 1,558
  • srb20075.jpg
    srb20075.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 1,273
  • sc_20specials.zip
    99 KB · Views: 1,482
Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to not include it because I thought it's pointless, empty and unplayable, But everything else should be in :)

Ahh, it's been so damn long since I last saw the 2.0 Special Stages, I miss them so much! I prefer the 2.0 ones over the current ones truth be told and this made nostalgia hit me like a truck, great job!

Im glad this came out a good while after 2.1 because at first I hated the NiGHTS stages. It wasn't until I recently decided to actually sit down a play them that I grew an appreciation for them. At this point I do prefer the NiGHTS stages over the old ones but I cant wait to play this again :D

Ahh, it's been so damn long since I last saw the 2.0 Special Stages, I miss them so much! I prefer the 2.0 ones over the current ones truth be told and this made nostalgia hit me like a truck, great job!
same
it also helps co-operation in multiplayer, we ALL understand where i'm coming from, i'm looking at YOU Special Stage 6 & 7

Hey, can you tell me how you did this porting?
I would like to attempt to port the hidden 8th Special Stage as i saw the CHAOS8 sprite hidden in the files. perhaps (via lua) it can be recollectable once the 8th is completed and allowing Hyper transformation (can that be possible?)

(also, when the wad has a custom save data, i noticed in the 2nd special stage, there's an emblem, is this intentional?)

Last edited:
I Just copied the Map from the old 2.0 zones.dta to a new wad and changed few stuff in the level header to make it work with 2.1.

The good old days of playing this in a server, and then someone would run straight into the water or the pits, screwing it up for everyone else.

for what purpose

I guess this is interesting as a sort of "time capsule"/nostalgia type thing, but it's kinda pointless otherwise.
Nice job, either way???

The good old days of playing this in a server, and then someone would run straight into the water or the pits, screwing it up for everyone else.
It's still a thing with NIGHTs special stages, people intentionally hitting lazers, maces or getting crushed to hasten time.
for what purpose

I guess this is interesting as a sort of "time capsule"/nostalgia type thing, but it's kinda pointless otherwise.
Nice job, either way???
It's made for people who prefer 2.0 Special Stages over the NIGHTs special stages, people can work together, play as any character they want and don't have to worry about those camping at the emerald capture point.

Huh, The level exits quickly after picking up a ring, But eh whatever, I might include it as a Black Hole Zone Replacement with a little change to make it exit after all rings are collected.

Huh, The level exits quickly after picking up a ring, But eh whatever, I might include it as a Black Hole Zone Replacement with a little change to make it exit after all rings are collected.
Wait, when i ported it, it worked perfectly
no premature exits, nothing
it gives me the emerald upon (painstakingly) collecting all 120 rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back