SRB2 2.0 PNAMES and TEXTURE1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senku Niola

Drifting Golden Swordsman
Well ever since 2.0 came out PNAME and TEXTURE1 were uuneditable to add more textures cause it was giving errors about missing textures. Something about XWE or whatever SSNTails had used caused weird bugs with the lumps. I've updated the two lumps so people can add custom textures now.

The ANIMATED lump has yet to be released unfortunately. If someone messages me it I'll add it to this topic.

Main: http://torgo.vactual.net/Files/PNAMES_TEXTURE1.zip
Mirror 1: http://logan.srb2.org/Public/PNAMES.lmp

I may need to update the links if more textures get added in later versions.

Last edited:
Let me express my gratitude by typing a bolded THANK YOU. I've been scratching my head over this for hours. Now I can continue converting my levels. :)

These files are for those of us who want to add new textures. The TEXTURE1 file that comes with Vanilla SRB2 resulted in errors upon level load.

But how do you use them to add new textures? Where do you put these files?

Also, I can't download it. One mirror doesn't work, the other one gives me a corrupted file.

Yup, both of those links make a corrupted file. Could someone extract them then put them into a new zip file an upload it somewhere else. Either that, or post up the PNAMES list (I can use TEXTURE2).

Neither of them work. One leads to nothing, and the other gives me a corrupt file.

EDIT: sonicfreak94's link works, however.

Updated my link AGAIN. D: I really wonder what the friggen hell is up with freewebtown at times. Horrible horrible hosting site. :<

Torgo said:
If you follow the custom textures tutorial on XWE, then you will find an updated PNAMES lump. If you want to make custom textures, you don't even need a valid TEXTURE1 lump, since you can use a blank TEXTURE2 and just add your own textures.

Confused guy here. Is this tutorial on the forum or on the wiki.

Oops, I meant to say if you follow the custom textures tutorial on the SRB2 wiki. Sorry about that. I will edit that part now to make it clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back