SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, where are they going to put Storm? Are they gunna, like, replace Silver or something? (I hate Silver. -.-)

EDIT: Gitch found.
Ice Factory
"Speed Ramp" Glitch

When trying to take the speed ramp by the glass jump, sometimes, if not 75% of the time, it dosen't register you as going on the ramp and you fall off or plain ride over it. No Air boost.

Silver and his ability was inc operated very well into the game. There should be no reason for him going anyway.
Edit: After discovering, my school computers have opengl, I tried it out. I LOVE your models, apart from the Sonic R running frames. Well done!

There should be a thing to the left side of the screen that shows what place you are in like in Sonic R for both Sonic R and Mario Kart mode.

daiches99 said:
Silver and his ability was inc operated very well into the game. There should be no reason for him going anyway.
Edit: After discovering, my school computers have opengl, I tried it out. I LOVE your models, apart from the Sonic R running frames. Well done!

If you've ever played Sonic R, you would know that the run frames are intentionally retarded.

You should make Sonic R mode, Mario Kart, and NiGHTS have their own gamemode. Just so you know what kind of level you're entering. All it should really do is whenever you're switching maps or starting a netgame change gamemode inbetween Sonic R, Riders, NiGHTS, and Kart so the levels are seperate.

I like all the changes for this, the only thing I don't like is how you can't change your character in the main story mode, I got stuck with eggman when I was trying to choose sonic somehow.

Sky The Destroyer said:
I have a question...how do you connect in the SRB2RidersMSLauncher?
By default, it should try to connect to ms.srb2.org. If it asks for MSERV.DLL, then download it here: http://fanmade.emulationzone.org/gregorsoft/launcher.htm

Jacy said:
I like all the changes for this, the only thing I don't like is how you can't change your character in the main story mode, I got stuck with eggman when I was trying to choose sonic somehow.
If you want to start all over again, then find srb2rsav0.sav, and delete it. It has an R between srb2 and sav, try not to miss it.

Eblo said:
I've encountered a problem with this. When I try to play with the MD2 models, I only see glitchy feet.
You probably didn't download the 3DModels zip on my first post. That zip has RIDR.PNG, so you shouldn't be able to see his feet. Try reading the first post again.

Once again, may I talk about the map glitch in the top right hand corner which is huge and near the middle?

daiches99 said:
Uhh, after completing the game it said (prizes not awarded in modified games) and I haven't added ANYTHING at all.

SRB2 holdover, I think. I don't seem to recall any prizes.

I think this mod is the best, but:

When open the launcher:

Run-Time error '339'

Component 'SYSINFO.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registred: a file is missing or invalid

i have try what do you have say, but nothing.

When i run it with opengl:

Work, but it work in windowed mod, but i haven't choose the option windowed mode (i use Sonic Robo Blast 2 Launcher).

HELP ME CHAOSZERO64

Re: SRB2 Riders v1.46.4 (srb2riders.exe)

Chaos Zero 64 said:
If the launcher doesn't open, and you get an error relating to an .OCX file, then you need to register the file on your computer. I've put 3 of the most common OCX files along with the launcher, so put them somewhere you can get easy access when using the address bar. For example, in C:\. Then press the Start button on the Taskbar, and click on Run. In there, type "regsvr32 C:\n.ocx" without ", and where n is the file that the launcher is asking for. Do these for any more OCX that the launcher is asking for.

Just paste the OCX files on C:\, and type it the way I said so. It should say that it was successfully registered. For example:

regsvr32 C:\SYSINFO.OCX

SRB2 1.09.4 comes with its own config.cfg, which has fullscreen enabled. I didn't add that, so your config doesn't have that. Simply start the game, open the console, and type FULLSCREEN ON. Then you simply close the game, and it's saved.

Also, daiches, you can't start Single Player if it's modified. But either way, you just unlock Sonic R and Mario Kart, which you can access from the start by hosting. It's pointless.

The Brown Reviews takes you in a very hard-coded EXE, which is a remake of a Sonic game: SRB2 Riders. Now let's go, shall we?

First things first, the Single-Player. The SP is incredibly amazing, due to the add of bots, which makes the SP more fun. But it comes with some defaults; mostly in the shortcuts' section.
First, though it doesn't bother me, if you didn't finished first, you must restart the race again and again until you made it. Now since we got 6/7 bots with a boost ability plus shortcut overuse, you sure want to do the same to finish the level first, considering that you restart it if you didn't. Problem is, most of the shortcuts aren't worth the use because bots will pass you if you use them. In this spoiler, there is all of the shortcuts that need to fixed.
[spoiler:b8ced5e475]Metal City: 1st Power: It's self-explanatory. Since there's another Power shortcut, you wanna take it out.
Night Chase: Power, Speed: The Power one is, again, self-explanatory. The Speed one should be like Metal City's
Splash Canyon: 1st and 2nd Fly(both after the 1st checkpoint), 2nd Power: Both of the Fly ones are just useless, you wanna take that floating bridge-like thing if your removing both of them. Power one is... well you know what I mean.
Red Canyon: Power: Please give REAL SHORTCUTS to Power Types instead of blocks putted in there with no shortcut value.
Egg Factory: Fly, Speed: The Fly one is misplaced. The Speed one should be like Metal City's too.
Ice Factory: Power.
Green Cave: Fly: Again, it shouldn't be in there.
White Forest: All: The Fly one shouldn't be in that place and the Speed one should be like Metal City's. And you should put those blocks in the beginning of the path instead of the end to make the Power one decent.
Sand Ruins: Fly, Speed: Speed, for this one, should go straight, and Fly should be moved somewhere else. In this case, the two floating platforms should be eliminated, and that high path too.
Dark Desert: Fly: For this one, you only need to take out that air turn to be good.
Babylon Garden: Fly: Should be moved some place else.
Digital Dimension: None.
Babylon Guardian: All: Why do we even need shortcuts in here?[/spoiler:b8ced5e475] Now the Bonus Levels, and we start with Sonic R: This is good. the problem I have with is the Flight; Why is it sooo slow?! It isn't that slow in Sonic R though(It's more Sonic Rivals 2's Flight if you ask me).
And Mario Kart is the best of the two. I actually found the problem with the finish line in Dusty Desert. You need to be in the middle of the line to finish a lap, which is bad. Enlarge that finish line and it's better. What was disappointing was that there was no bots, but oh well.

Overall it might rival SRB2 2.0 but who knows.
Note: 18/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back