Yoshi.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-Up

Yoshi has been updated for 1.09.4 Latest version as of 1/21/2007
Here is my Yoshi.wad. The sprites are from MFGG(I can not draw). Try it out it is 2d.

Yoshi

Yoshi Video

At least you removed the fugly Yoshi sprites and replaced them with cute ones.

But the falling animation is a bit odd.

I would work on it a little more.The only suggestion I have is you tone down his fly. I think his flying is way to powerful and it really shouldn't be that high for a yoshi. I mean be realistic do you think yoshi can really go up that high. :eek:

Unless SSNTails adds a yoshi ability to hover, I can not tone down how high he goes. There is no way I know to make him not fly so high.
Also Screenies
yoshi14lr.th.jpg

yoshi20if.th.jpg

yoshi31yd.th.jpg

yoshi42ej.th.gif

yoshi57vx.th.jpg

yoshi67nv.th.jpg

Here is the sprite sheet I am using. If someone would like to recomend a better falling action.
yoshisprites23lb.th.png

Failure at IMG Tags. Failure at Full size images.

yoshisprites23lb.png

Well no wonder they look pixely, they're too small!

Nice lol I figured yoshi would do a speed twok. But I fergot all about his butterfly kick thing nice job 10/10.

To fix the pixelyness, resample them instead of just resizing them.

No, he means to go into a graphics program like GIMP, Paint Shop Pro, or Photoshop and do a higher quality image resize. Won't work too well though, because it'll make them have too much color, and won't convert well..

My idea is to use the HQ2X tool. Just google it and you'll find it. The command line to use is
  1. <new image>. For compatibility use BMP files for the utility.

All the programs I mentioned run on Windows. Don't be stupid enough to fall for that "Mac is better for creative development" campaign. Windows can do most anything a Mac can in terms of graphic design. Maybe Mac can let you press F10 or something to cascade all Photoshop documents, but who cares? I don't.

I was playing a netgame with yoshi me and my friend who i made him download so i could be him XD.

We were both yoshi.

We were standing underwater I started to drown. Then all of a sudden the game crashed? I know he did not add any wads because I made the server. And I did not verify him and I was not useing any other wad than yoshi.

Was this maybe just a random glitch with the game. Or was it a glitch with yoshi?

Lol anyways I love playing as yoshi.
But the coming down from butterfly kick sound is a bit wierd because it loops realy fast?

the wad is sort of choppy but the movement makes me laugh :happy:

Should I remove that sound?
I think it was a random glitch with the game. (I have had some glitches too, and the game is not finished yet, so there probably will be glitches)

Yeah and it was 1.09.3.7 so maybe I should report that in bugs?

And nah the sounds fine its just a little wierd but its cool. It's better than the normal sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back