Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• IT'S GREAT!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.. this map is almost completely flat and barely even resembles a DS Lite. :/

That doesn't look like a DS Lite, it looks like a giant black rectangle with two giant gray squares inside it. I certainly wouldn't have associated that screenshot with a DS of any kind if you hadn't already told us that's what it's meant to be. This is awful. The concept of playing on a giant DS might seem fun to you, but to everyone else it's just a featureless landscape with rings strewn about in random piles and a garish color scheme.

This is just lazy level design. You could have varied it, say, by having the top screen flipped up by 90 degrees, and had it all sitting on a desk or something like that. At least then it wouldn't be entirely flat and featureless. But the fact is that throwing rings at people on a DS Lite is about as fun as throwing rings at people on a bit of raised ground in the middle of a nondescript field.

A desk... No wonder... here I am thinking it's floating...

I'll improve it. Also, this was kinda a BETA of it.

I have really updated it now, the top screen is an angle now, there's about 2 shelfs on this map. A mug of coffee.*It's water.* Also I don't know what to make the touch screen do. I may even add a lit candle in it, so it won't look so flat, and all. It's almost like ZIM'S BASE ZONE. type.

Also, I don't know what SKy to use.

*No link yet, as I'm at school. Also, I gotta place the ring weapons, rings somewhere.*

I'd probably say that you'd have the top screen as a wall instead, so it isn't so flat. Use the black background for it. Either that, or make a sort of room around it.

_Manic_ said:
I'd probably say that you'd have the top screen as a wall instead, so it isn't so flat. Use the black background for it. Either that, or make a sort of room around it.

Hmm... I guess I could make one with an 45 angle, and the other at a 90 deegree agnle.

Here's a screeshot of a REAL DS LITE.

My DS.

A screenshot of a improved map of the N. DS LITE ZONE.

MAP.

For some reason it won't show the right size...

Like this level. I have to say it fits with my character Jman really well.

Eh, while the idea was kinda neat, this kind of thing has been done.

Also, this level isn't much match material at all - it's hard to explain, but it's kinda flat and lacks any kind of diversity throughout the level. The layout also kinda sucks. The only redeeming factor is the DS lite - although you should have used FOFs for the top screen area.

Hrm, that was close. Almost typed "should of" again.

I am going to update this MAP, it feels a little... boring... so I'm going to make the top screen a FOF, which may be hard, and also, the bottom screen will have the word N. DS *Touch the screen to cont.*

(I forgot how to spell a few words, so I'll edit them once I learn it again.)

A FOF was mispalced, I'm going to make the backgorund (The sky) view like in a room, but it may be hard as I have a hard time with the WALLS.

And the DS cards will have a name on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back