SRB1 Sonic - Now with the OTHER SRB1 Sonic!

D00D64

Probably Responsible
KYXMHg4.png

...Yep. SRB1 Sonic. Slow and lacks any abilities. To help him make some leaps, he jumps 10% higher than the average character. Woo. Not gonna lie, I basically just made him for fun. He is not gonna be able to beat every stage. He stands no chance in ERZ3, and that isn't going to change. However, when you play SRB1 Remake, you'll use him instead of SRB2 Sonic! You'll still switch to Knux though.

T0GqH7E.png

UPDATE: And now, I'm getting into Super Niche territory.

C1GtLAr.png

This is SRB1 Xmas Sonic! AKA, SRB2 TGF Later In Development Then Converted Into A Christmas Spinoff Thing Of SRB1 Because They Were Gonna Drop It Sonic. I mainly just made this wad for my own purpouses, but decided to give it out for all... 0 of you who would want it. He's not as nerf'd as SRB1 Sonic is compared to SRB2 Sonic, but... trust me, he'll throw you for a loop. He's kinda big (I had to use hires and the scale to make him fit), but its interesting to see this kind of missing link between SRB1 and SRB2. It's very clearly AJ's art, but during a much simpler time where it was okay for you to cling onto the ceiling.

i6NU6EE.png

Oh, and like SRB1 Sonic, he replaces Sonic in SRB1 mode. However, only the wad most recently loaded will be used for SRB1 mode, so choose wisely!

So if ya wanna use 'em, go right ahead. These were mostly personal, but hell, no harm in sharing it.

Attachments

• SRB1Sonic.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 4,710
  • SRBXSonic.zip
    34.1 KB · Views: 5,051
Last edited:
There's really not too much to this wad, but the novelty of being able to play the SRB1 remake as SRB1 Sonic is enough to warrant a release I reckon.

Love it! Even though he can't beat every level he's still fun to play as. I unlocked SRB1 a few hours ago (hey don't judge me I suck with getting emblems) so this guy would be fun to use.

Is this a port of my old srb1 sonic wad that I added to my srb1 remake wad back in 1.09.4?

I remember putting the cross eyes in the death frames for some reason.

Also, this is hilarious.

Is this a port of my old srb1 sonic wad that I added to my srb1 remake wad back in 1.09.4?

I remember putting the cross eyes in the death frames for some reason.

No, I ripped them myself because you told me not to port it in 2.0. I did totally jack the cross death eyes based on your port, though.

Hmm, I can't remember saying that. Maybe I thought it was kinda useless because of SRB1 mode? Either way I am fine with whatever you ported or not ported of my srb1 sonic conversion.

Last edited:
Now we just need a "serious" SRB1 Sonic with all eight angles drawn differently (yet still with that SRB1 "charm") so he can be a viable character in Match. And then that to be added to SRB2 proper.

Now we just need a "serious" SRB1 Sonic with all eight angles drawn differently (yet still with that SRB1 "charm") so he can be a viable character in Match. And then that to be added to SRB2 proper.

And you could only use him after getting all 160 emblems, right?

Just tried this out and I just want to say:

it would be alot better and more reminiscent to srb1 if the jumping sprites' colors were to be brighter, and if the running frames' scale were to change. In here the running frames seem to be smooth, which is not acceptable for a srb1 sonic :p. He needs to sorta, hop, up and down while running.

This is becoming something of a historical release thread of the characters.

Now we just need that old pre-rendered Knuckles everybody loved so much.

That was already ported to 2.0 long ago.

I wasn't really around during 2.0, so I didn't know. I imagine it wouldn't be perfectly compatible with 2.1 anyway.

Anyway these wads are great. A good curiosity. I'll probably try to attempt the SP campaign as SRB1 Xmas Sonic sometime.

I wasn't really around during 2.0, so I didn't know. I imagine it wouldn't be perfectly compatible with 2.1 anyway.

Anyway these wads are great. A good curiosity. I'll probably try to attempt the SP campaign as SRB1 Xmas Sonic sometime.

It just needs small updates in the S_SKIN and a big update to the MAINCFG to work right in 2.1. Same with most wads (specifically ones that don't use socs).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back