Official Level Design Contest: May/June

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERYBODY SHALL FALL UNDER THE POWER OF WED.WAD!!!!111!!1
That one It's going into the contest but I have some problems with It Here is a little demo of my favourite places on the level:
Spiked area
FOF-ed
Thanks
That image says, thanks for playing. WED. ARF

WED = Wedding

WED
In this amazing new wad you get to attend Arf's wedding while shooting people with rings!!! :D

Well im looking forward to Windows Nightmare Zone. Maybe I should make a Commodore 64 OS Nightmare Zone. :P

akirahedgehog said:
My wad will change the face of the planet earth forever...
The Ultimate Map Coming July 1st to a computer near you...
No. a441 made the ultimate map a while back, but I can't share it here, for it has po-... uhm... "not-publically-acceptable" images in it ^_^;

I tried to post before, but my PC is working strange. anyway, Wed was to have a short level name, so I could use the addfile command before the story started.
Wed is doing very well, I made 26 FOF in 1 day and added a lot of sectors.
It will be finished soon...
EV3RY 1 Shall fall UnD3er Teh pow of WWWEEEEDDDD!!!!
Just joking... :wink:

Omega the Hedgehog said:
akirahedgehog said:
No. a441 made the ultimate map a while back, but I can't share it here, for it has po-... uhm... "not-publically-acceptable" images in it ^_^;
That wasn't the ultimate map...the girl was rather ugly if I recall ^_~

Mystic said:
Omega the Hedgehog said:
akirahedgehog said:
That wasn't the ultimate map...the girl was rather ugly if I recall ^_~

I dont want to know what your talking about do I?? :eek: Anyway my map dosent need new graphics to be TEH ULTIMATE!!!

Neither mine, but Wed Is getting crappy after playing it and test almost every area 589 times. Yes, I do test my maps that often.
Training WAD has been tested like 70 times.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
akirahedgehog said:
Yeah, that wad is on my website. Wait... Will I get in trouble for linking to a website with such unacceptable content? I would think not, as it IS SRB2-related... =/

Also, I'm 95% positive that I'll be entering the contest this time around. I'll probably be making an SP stage, especially since I'm so close to getting custom textures to work... I already got one to work, I suspect that the rest are giving me problems because they aren't properly sized. Either way, if I don't have time to do something big like that, I assure you I'll at least throw together a quick match stage.

Wow. I don't know how to make SOCs, I don't know how to make scripts, I don't know how to program an even single line and I don't know how to make custom textures....
Man, I'm really down in the category of level designing...

Arf said:
Wow. I don't know how to make SOCs, I don't know how to make scripts, I don't know how to program an even single line and I don't know how to make custom textures....
You don't need ANY of that to make a custom level. SOCs are used for modding, scripts still don't exist in 1.08, programming is only needed to change the game itself, and textures are included with SRB2 that you can use.

The only thing you need to create a level is WadAuthor, the tutorial, and a little patience.

Arf said:
Is there a SOC guide in this forum?
There is a guide to SOC creation in the Archives of this forum. However, you really don't need a SOC to make anything but an exceedingly complex mod.

SOC, or SRB2 Object Configuration, allows someone to change enemy behavior, add cutscenes, or alter a few menus.

It does nothing without having a lot of experience with SRB2, and is not something a beginner should be messing with at ALL. It's a highly advanced feature for experts looking to change things for specific purposes.

Don't worry about the SOCs at all. It's not important for a beginning level desginer.

I don't really want them to make them at any level, I only want to learn them to know about it, because I'm very curios about how it works.

Mystic said:
Arf said:
You don't need ANY of that to make a custom level. SOCs are used for modding, scripts still don't exist in 1.08, programming is only needed to change the game itself, and textures are included with SRB2 that you can use.

The only thing you need to create a level is WadAuthor, the tutorial, and a little patience.

Is 1.09 going to allow scripts?? If so PARTY!!! :D

akirahedgehog said:

Is it slopes? Hell, it could be a square room with a slope, and I'd call it ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back