View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009   #51
Ice
Pretty chill guy

Gothic Gardens Zone, Act 1 by VX501 3/10
The architecture and overall design didn't feel coherent to it's theme, or even any theme in existence. It just felt like a bunch of cramped rooms filled up with bland platforming. The level simply wasn't enjoyable.
Graceful Coast Zone byD00D64 5/10
You've heard it all before; scenery was nice, gameplay kinda sucked. Too many enemies, glitches with the springs and stuff, and annoying geyser platforming. My first playthrough with Sonic was utterly annoying, so I switched to Tails. Tails can easily fly over EVERYTHING without being stopped. So after I was done I got Sonic again and went through all the way. It really does look nice though. And uh, 2D sucks. I don't know why you insist on removing an entire dimension of mobility, especially since SRB2 handles it so crappily.
Refurbished Gadgetry Zone by SonicMaster 5/10
Feels like a gimmick hub. In the process of making the level of dual nature, each path (up or down) felt unfinished and bland. Some of the gimmicks were nice, but really, they weren't implemented in a good fashon. They existed for their own sake. Also, the level was kind of ugly. It felt underdetailed and not very scenic. I have the feeling that you're levels are getting less and less inspired, and that you're only entering every time to keep some kind of record going.
Magma Core Zone, Act 2 by Blade 6/10
Easily the best level of the pack. There was an overuse of flamethrowers, falling rocks and turrets however, and it really defeat the flow of the level. Everything was recycled over and over again, and there was a point in where I felt that it all should have ended already. This is especially true since there weren't really any points of interest present in the level. The first one was better. The 1.09.4 version.