who is or has or did play the entire paper mario series

Status
Not open for further replies.

909090hey

well i finished paper mario 2, im still on chapter 5 of paper mario, and only my dad works so we dont have enough money to buy a wii and a 50$ super paper mario game.

Well, I have played the entire series, but I still can't beat the flame Parana Plant in the first Paper Mario, how do you kill it anyway? It always comes back when I defeat it the first time, and then its invincible the second time.

well do you meen in forever forest or anywhere that it is? because i have a n64, and that game, so i have payed money for it, its just that i play it in project 64, and use the built in gameshark to cheat my way through, or else i would of died on the second chapter. but to kill it you need to have at least 15 hp, and you also need to be good at guards. thats my advice cause i've never had a fight with it where i wasn't invicible.

You had to cheat through Paper Mario? For shame. I've been playing it legit on the Wii VC since last Summer, and I'm ready to take on Bowser already. It's REALLY not that hard to do - just heal and save often. Grinding helps too, if you can be bothered to - and have an enemy around that still gives you Star Points that you're willing to grind with.

That being said, it's been ages since I played the volcano stage, so I forget exactly how you beat it. Sorry.

To me, the first was the hardest and most succesful in the entire series. It was a lot harder than the second one, and tons harder than the 3rd.

The only thing I didn't beat (actual game not side stuff) was the shadow queen final boss in paper mario 2, but besides that I beat all the games.

I played the first and the second, beat them.

The third, I played and didn't like it all that well.

THe first and second took some time but I beat it. I lost the 2nd one and I plan on getting it again. I have number 1 on the wii so I'm going to get number again.

I have yet to play the original beyond the first hour (broken in emulators, and can't afford it on VC at the moment). I came really close to beating the second, but the final dungeon threw me for a loop after the relative simplicity of the rest of the game, and I wasn't prepared (borrowed it from a friend and don't own my own copy, so I'd buy it before I can finish it). Super PM was easy as pie.

I played them all.
Paper Mario was awsome but not alot of options.
Paper Mario TYOD was really hard.
Super Paper Mario was awsome, but lost the turn base action, which made me Sad Face.

Who else thought the Shy Guy Toy Box was the best part of the original Paper Mario? Honestly, I'd spend all day with the dancing shy guys if they just spawned more opponents often.

Chrome the hedgehog said:
Well, I have played the entire series, but I still can't beat the flame Parana Plant in the first Paper Mario, how do you kill it anyway? It always comes back when I defeat it the first time, and then its invincible the second time.

Lava Piranha? He isn't too bad. You just gotta keep using water attacks on his second phase. With that said, bring lots of FP recovers, because you'll need it if you're not a badge whore like me.

Earuto said:
PM1 had a better gameplay.
PM2 had a better storyline.
PM3 had a lot of thing I didn't like.

PM1 was classic, but frankly, I don't see where you're getting the "better gameplay" idea. After all, while the PM1 system worked really well, PM2 improved on it in so many ways it's not even funny. If the audience system, partner HP, paper curses, and limitless number of badges didn't get your attention, I dunno what will.

Besides its soundtrack. PM1 had a few really good tracks, but PM2 has hits all throughout the game. If you ask me, a good portion of its soundtrack is just beautifully composed. It surprises me that Nintendo didn't sell CDs of the soundtrack, because this is definitely worth ripping onto your computer, even if just to listen to it once.

To be honest, I liked PM3's storyline just as much as PM2's. It's also fairly significant because it's the darkest plot to appear in any Mario game to date. The end of all worlds? You don't see that in Mario Party.

I do highly agree that PM3 is levels below its predecessors. The 100 pit(s) of trials is plenty fun, but otherwise, the difficulty of the game as a whole is just abysmal. Not only is the badge system completely removed, but the bosses are pathetic, and you don't get to choose how you level up - the game does it for you automatically. And, to be honest, I think the dimension-flipping should have been skipped. It's a really cheap way of avoiding fights and only really comes to good use in a few levels. Soundtrack has the same feel as PM2, but it still just doesn't compare.

So, yeah, those are my two cents.

Blue Warrior said:
Earuto said:
PM1 had a better gameplay.
PM2 had a better storyline.
PM3 had a lot of thing I didn't like.

PM1 was classic, but frankly, I don't see where you're getting the "better gameplay" idea. After all, while the PM1 system worked really well, PM2 improved on it in so many ways it's not even funny. If the audience system, partner HP, paper curses, and limitless number of badges didn't get your attention, I dunno what will.

Besides its soundtrack. PM1 had a few really good tracks, but PM2 has hits all throughout the game. If you ask me, a good portion of its soundtrack is just beautifully composed. It surprises me that Nintendo didn't sell CDs of the soundtrack, because this is definitely worth ripping onto your computer, even if just to listen to it once.

To be honest, I liked PM3's storyline just as much as PM2's. It's also fairly significant because it's the darkest plot to appear in any Mario game to date. The end of all worlds? You don't see that in Mario Party.

I do highly agree that PM3 is levels below its predecessors. The 100 pit(s) of trials is plenty fun, but otherwise, the difficulty of the game as a whole is just abysmal. Not only is the badge system completely removed, but the bosses are pathetic, and you don't get to choose how you level up - the game does it for you automatically. And, to be honest, I think the dimension-flipping should have been skipped. It's a really cheap way of avoiding fights and only really comes to good use in a few levels. Soundtrack has the same feel as PM2, but it still just doesn't compare.

So, yeah, those are my two cents.

By game play for number 1, I mean the way you find badges, your partners(Parrakarry was my fav) and each and every way how you did it.

Number 2 in my opinion was a better storyline. How often do you see Mario and Peach looking for treasure instead of being in the castle and wait for Bowser to just come and take her. Who isn't getting tired of that storyline. For God's peak sake you know Bowser is going to come so why stay in the same castle? That to me, is a better storyline instead of Heros and Villains teaming up. Although I did like the fact that you get to play with Luigi(After 3 series I might add).

I played and beat the first two. After I heard the turn based style was gone, I didn't bother with the 3rd one. I mean, I wanted a Mario game different from the others, but Super Paper Mario just reverted it back to the origional, excluding the 3D change.
Paper Mario 1 was pretty good. And yes BW, I just loved that Shy Guy cart. I thought the Shy Guy level was probably the best part of the game. The things I mainly like better about PM1 over PM2 is that Peach's stages were more fun, and Parrakarry.

The best partner was ParraKarry wasn't he. The shell shot is what made me like and and his abilities outside battles.

I just loved him. When I saw him at the beginning of PM2 I thought he was in it too. Althought, I like the little Yoshi and Bombary(sp?) pretty well too.

The little yoshi was the replacement for Parrakarry and I liked him just as well. Heck, I raised him.

Just used his Gulp a lot, and Bombary's esplosion attack that did 10 damage to everything on screen. Definatly good times.
I remember someone telling me Luigi was unlockable as a partner, but I said, "That's a lie, it's not on the internet."
Anyway, I wonder if this is off-topic. If we continue to praise Parrykarry Earuto, we might need to do this in PMs.

Ok, but I plan on getting number 2 again. I miss it and I need a game to play after playing Oot and beating it for the first time the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back