[Open Assets] Paper Mario Bros.

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Whirlwind/Pity shield actually makes you fall even slower while Tornado jumping. Try using it in Match; it makes for fun sniper battles.

I think there should be a way to disable Whirlwind and/or Armageddon abilities within S_SKIN, so characters with B-in-the-air abilities don't have issues. Then again, we wouldn't have MOAR FIREBALLS if Mario could use the Armageddon shield properly.

Last edited:
It's Weegee time

Added some screenshots. Haven't been able to bugtest this one thoroughly as usual so please post whatever you find.

Y6zTZXo.gif

Another Issue? this time the Lua is broken. When you get an Armageddon Shield/Fire Drive Shield and you fire up the pipe, this is what you'll get.

EDIT: Issue is stable for now.

Last edited:
Is Mario supposed to be able to throw hammers and use his cape in zoom tubes? because I just did.
I can recreate being able to use the cape but I'm not so sure about the hammer throwing

EDIT: Just recreated both and made a video here.
Sorry for horrible framerate

Last edited:
I like the Luigi idea but i want him to have diffrient sprites than mario (even when on his beggining he was just green mario :P)

Luigi is here! With actual sprites! (Not a lot of them 'cause he doesn't have many back-facing sprites in Paper Mario 64, but whatever.)

Mario probably won't play well with zoom tubes for a while. Since it's not game-breaking, I'll get to it later rather than sooner.

On the subject of game-breaking, there were some glitches that broke the entire script, involving hammering after dying or something, however I can't recreate that anymore... oh hey I just did it, lemme upload a screen cap of what it says

vfoWgHi.png

context:
I jumped down this pit
YwLC9mE.jpg
and for some reason there was no death plane, I tried to find the plane and after I did I pressed the hammer button, and then the script crashed with that error.

For whatever reason this is incredibly hard to reproduce, very specific and I have no clue why it happens but it does and breaks the script. It took me 3 attempts to reproduce it just now and it doesn't work with the pit right before this one, and now it doesn't work with the same pit I've been finding this glitch with.

Wow, this update feels a lot more fleshed out than before. Thanks for adding Luigi! But we've got a few bugs, so here ya go:
P5xsMKj.gif
XHvis5Y.gif

Metal-head Mario can move!

I haven't fixed any of the above bugs, but I did implement an AI for Mario. Go to Single Player, choose Luigi&Mario, and watch him throw hammers at things.

Then go to MAP03, MAP06, MAP09, and MAP12 to let Mario single-handedly defeat all four bosses within two to four minutes each. (Being invulnerable sure does help!)

Also, any bugs with Luigi's AI are perfectly OK. It IS Luigi, after all.

I started a single player game with Luigi and Mario to see what you were talking about with bosses, after the boss was done I left Mario to do what he wanted and it was hillarious. He started knocking Luigi around with hammers and such which is funny because that's exactly what I was doing with Luigi before XD

How this update is awesome and with tailspickup off it's even more fun
This is what I done with that (It reminds me off Mario & Luigi Bros Attacks)
sf3ACmW.gif
First in console type tailspickup off which makes Mario and Luigi solid to each other.
Second Let the leader jump on partners head (Mario as leader in gif and Luigi as partner in gif)
Third Leader jumps again then the partner jumps and leader lands on partner again and once after that leader jumps and can use his abilities to get higher or just to make stylish way to kill enemies ( you need to use player 2 here)

How this update is awesome and with tailspickup off it's even more fun
This is what I done with that (It reminds me off Mario & Luigi Bros Attacks)
sf3ACmW.gif
First in console type tailspickup off which makes Mario and Luigi solid to each other.
Second Let the leader jump on partners head (Mario as leader in gif and Luigi as partner in gif)
Third Leader jumps again then the partner jumps and leader lands on partner again and once after that leader jumps and can use his abilities to get higher or just to make stylish way to kill enemies ( you need to use player 2 here)

Exactly! I was thinking about that too! What I think your talking about is Mario and Luigi : Superstar Saga

I haven't fixed any of the above bugs, but I did implement an AI for Mario. Go to Single Player, choose Luigi & Mario, and watch him throw hammers at things.

Then go to MAP03, MAP06, MAP09, and MAP12 to let Mario single-handedly defeat all four bosses within two to four minutes each. (Being invulnerable sure does help!)

Also, any bugs with Luigi's AI are perfectly OK. It IS Luigi, after all.
Paper Mario is very intelligent when he is a bot at Deep Sea Zone 3.

I love this character, but...can you possibly remove the charge-up meter for the midair hammer attack? Given that it's not used when Mario isn't on the ground, its appearance is incredibly misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back